VP, Resourcing & Organizational Design Officer (Compliance)
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Citi-US
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID:
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Serves as a Compliance Risk Management Officer Compliance Resourcing and Organizational Design for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protects the franchise. In addition, engages with the ICRM product and function coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply CRM program solutions that meet business and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework. This role reports to the ICRM Global Process Owner for Organizational Design (OD).
Key Activities include:
• Participating in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class Compliance programs, policies and practices for ICRM Organizational Design.
- Approach, Methodology, Tool Kits and Reporting formats for managing the organizational design, re-engineering of processes, management information, and headcount.
- Keep abreast of emerging roles and organizational structure best practices and integrate principles and guidelines, where appropriate, to maximize span of control, effectiveness, consistency and alignment across the organization and ensure that roles across the organization with similar scope, breadth, depth etc. are leveled the same and that any potential ripple effects are identified and addressed.
- Partner with HR and Compensation to prepare documents for senior leadership, board, and regulatory meetings and perform research on roles to identify comparable roles across the organization and potential ripple effects.
- Tools and resources that the business and HR partners can leverage as guidelines to support their Organizational Design efforts such as job aids on titling, career architecture, job families, etc.
- Maintain the Citi Compliance job description library and conduct quarterly audits.
- Update Organization Design role review tracking logs and put together reporting and analytics to show trending across the business units. • Analyzing complex comparative data, preparing and presenting regional and global reports related to compliance risk assessments, and monitoring of compliance related issues.
• Reviewing materials to ensure compliance with various regulatory and legal requirements and to ensure compliance risks are appropriately identified and addressed.
• Investigating and responding to compliance risk issues. Investigating regulatory inquiries, preparing required documentation, making recommendations to senior management on how to proceed, and preparing responses for the regulatory inquiries.
• Overseeing the monitoring of adherence to Citi's Compliance Risk Policies and relevant procedures and preparation, editing, and maintenance of Compliance program related materials.
• Interacting and working with other areas within Citi, as necessary.
• Keeping abreast of regulatory changes, new regulations and internal policy changes in order to further identify new key risk areas.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; experience in area of focus
• Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
• Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization
• Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to both work collaboratively and independently; ability to navigate a complex organization
• Advanced analytical skills
• Ability to both work independently and collaborate with team members
• Excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
• Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Knowledge and understanding of competitive organization design, job evaluation and competency development practices, principles, methodology, process and tools.
• Advanced degree (e.g. JD, MBA) a plus