Emerging Corporates Area Manager - Manhattan
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Citi-US
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Commercial and Business Sales
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID:
Citi Commercial Bank (CCB) is part of Citi, a leading global financial services company, which has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in over 160 countries and jurisdictions. CCB embodies our unique purpose as a global bank of choice for trade-oriented, small to mid-sized companies who see us as trusted thought partners that bring simplicity in an increasingly complex world, client-centric solutions for long term growth and pave the way for them to reach across borders and achieve their global vision. The US CCB targets clients with revenues between $10M - $3B and support a range of financial solutions: term and working capital financing, treasury solutions, foreign exchange and trade services. Citi Commercial Bank also has a robust International Banking program that promotes opportunities for U.S. clients to expand overseas and international businesses to expand into the U.S. It has operations in the U.S and over 30 countries with local expertise contributed by in-country commercial bankers. The dedicated Commercial Bank FX desk trades in over 100 currencies. Experienced Relationship Managers contribute to their customers' success by accessing Citi's world-class Domestic and International Services and expertise to solve problems and help clients' businesses grow. Citibank's products and services that support the Commercial market are targeted to the needs of small to medium-sized companies and include Lending, Cash Management, Trade, Foreign Exchange and Interest Rate Derivatives. CitiBusiness Online, Citibank's web-based banking platform, supports a full range of transaction and reporting capabilities in a secure environment.
Position Summary :
At Citi, we have a drive to help clients move from ambition to achievement at every stage of their growth and evolution. We do this through a talented team of relationship managers, product specialists, and client service professionals. Our relationship management function ensures that our clients have a remarkable experience with unparalleled service. They are the face and voice of Citi Commercial Bank.
The Emerging Corporates Area manager leads the relationship management team for commercial banking customers. They serve as a client calling officer and are responsible for building and motivating talented relationship teams to effectively penetrate the market and gain market share. The Business Banking segment includes those clients with revenues from $10 to $100MM annually. Clients in this segment typically require simple to complex product offerings and customized credit decision making. This position will report directly report to the Emerging Corporates Segment Head and will play a vital and active role on the leadership team.
This management role in the Manhattan marketplace comprises responsibility for approximately 14 direct reports. Expectations are for double-digit percentage growth in the key financial metrics including, but not limited to, client acquisition, loan footings and revenue. The growth in this key marketplace is to be commensurate with our targeted focus on an international value proposition and prudent credit risk appetite.
- Lead an existing team of relationship managers and manage integrated sales and relationship programs for commercial clients.
- Drive client-centric solutions to differentiate Citi in the marketplace and achieve substantial growth targets for the business.
- Manage through change and provide transformational leadership.
- Manage plans, budgets and financial controls to meet strategic plans and objectives and ensure critical scorecard metrics are achieved.
- Ensure Relationship Managers deepen existing relationships acquire new business through effective prospecting and pipeline management process.
- Partner with Retail banking, Corporate & Investment Banking and Product Partners to ensure CCB delivers comprehensive services and solutions that create a remarkable client experience and to drive cross selling opportunities with banking products, cash management, foreign exchange, credit, capital markets and wealth management.
- Establish and maintain effective, collaborative relationships with independent risk, business risk, compliance, ICG product specialists, relationship managers and other relevant groups within Citigroup.
- Monitor external market to understand competitor landscape and identify unique Citi opportunities.
- Create the bank's position within the marketplace through extensive community involvement by being a community partner providing broad, multi-product banking solutions to the large number of commercial clients in the market.
- Provide strong and visible leadership that fosters trust with employees, clients and prospects.
- Attract, develop and retain talent and motivate a team of bankers enabling each to achieve their revenue growth objectives. Maintain a strong candidate pipeline and build effective succession plans.
- Ensure safe, sound and timely underwriting practices and overall leadership of Citibank credit standards.
- Ensure that marketplace activities are carried out in accordance with all legal and governmental regulations as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Develop and ensure execution of the business strategy, and manage risk.
- Partner with Citi affiliates and other regional leaders on the Global Commercial Banking Management team to share best practices and drive commercial banking strategies and solutions globally.
- Partner with Risk to ensure Citi is effectively serving its customers while managing Citi's risk exposure across the entire Commercial Banking portfolio.
- Partner with Compliance/Audit to ensure the appropriate regulations are followed and audit processes are successful.
- BA (MBA preferred) or equivalent experience
- Minimum 15 years business and/or commercial banking experience with demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility
- Minimum 8 years commercial credit decision making authority for credits
- Highly focused to deliver results, able to rapidly determine key priorities, clearly communicate the priorities and ensure resources are properly aligned
- Proven leadership ability with excellent interpersonal communication skills at all levels. Reputation in market that attracts talent
- Expert knowledge of credit products and process (formal credit training required)
- Strong financial and analytic skills and ability to rapidly assimilate complex information
- Focus on business development, demonstrating innovative approaches that drive client value
- Set effective goals and demonstrate ability to consistently enforce sales and performance management disciplines.
- Exercise sound decision making, while being able to agreeably present a different viewpoint
- Embrace change and communicates as own to successfully lead teams through change
- Superior organizational and presentation skills for internal and external purposes
- Ability to navigate and effectively manage Citi's complexities and globality.
- Effectively operate as one team by working across the Global Consumer Bank to get the best outcome.
- Possess a franchise and strategic management mindset with a general manager orientation.
- Value personal growth through coaching and feedback.
- Be agile and willing to adjust and adapt quickly.
- Operate with curiosity and be open to new ideas.
- Exercise high degree of accountability and act with integrity.
- Courage to speak up with candor with ability to build trust by being open and direct.
- Bring passion to everything and provide inspirational leadership.
- Successful track record in developing a team and exceeding team sales goals
- Builds great teams, is a team player, builds strong partnerships
- Highly effective influencing and motivational skills