SVP - Cyber Security & Data Privacy Program Manager
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Citi-US
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID:
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
About Markets and Securities Services
Markets and Securities Services (MSS) is one of the major business lines within Citigroup's ICG division.
Markets provides world-class capital markets financial products and services as diverse as the needs of the thousands of corporations, institutions, governments, and individual investors they serve in 160 countries and territories. The breadth, depth, and strength of their sales and trading, distribution and research capabilities span a broad range of asset classes, currencies, sectors and industries, covering a vast array of products, including equities, commodities, credit, futures, foreign exchange (FX), emerging markets, G10 rates, municipals, prime finance and securitized markets. Security Services provide customized solutions that support the diverse investment and transaction strategies of investors and intermediaries worldwide.
On trading floors located in over 80 countries and jurisdictions, Markets work around the clock to enrich the relationships, products, liquidity, and technology that define their market-making presence in North America, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America. Their research and analysis offer the highest-quality corporate, sector, economic, and geographical insights - from equity and fixed income research to market and product analysis - helping individual and institutional clients navigate a complex global marketplace.
The Business Control and Supervision (BCS) team directly supports Markets globally. The goal of BCS is to establish and maintain a robust control environment and culture within the MSS Businesses worldwide. The Team is responsible for implementing and monitoring a risk-based program to identify and manage operational risks, support core control, governance and supervisory processes, monitor and analyze metrics / risk and control indicators, report critical control data, escalate issues to senior MSS management, assist in remediation efforts and monitor status.
BCS is looking for a highly energized, dynamic professional who is ready to join a fast-paced, world leader in the financial services industry. The successful candidate will work with Global MSS Business Management, Citi's Data Privacy Office, Legal, Compliance, Operational Risk Management, Information Technology, and Internal Audit. The position will have high visibility and will report to the Manager located in New York City headquarters.
Manage key technology control initiatives related to cyber, information security, data management and privacy:
• Develop and execute a comprehensive program to meet the evolving data privacy needs of the business. Eg. California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
• Evolve the MSS Cyber program and Business Recovery capabilities, identifying and addressing control and recovery deficiencies
• Inventorize and coordinate RFIs from clients covering data security, cyber and data privacy
• Oversee the SWIFT Consumer Security Program, interacting with counterparties to issue / request SWIFT attestations and review responses
• Evolve MSS' need-to-know information security protocols and control framework
• Provides input to policies, standards, and procedures to mitigate Technology, Cyber and Data Privacy risk
• Collaborate with Information Technology (IT) to ensure alignment between security and data privacy compliance programs including practices and investigations
• Performs or oversees initial and periodic risk assessment/analysis, mitigation and remediation
The candidate should have strong technology operational risk management experience. People, process and project management skills are essential, with the ability to lead, energize, work efficiently and effectively. The environment is dynamic, fast-paced, requires creative solutions, quick thinking, multi-tasking, high energy and timely turnaround.
• Good understanding how to build and maintain an effective risks and control environment
• Sound understanding of the management of operational risk, or equivalent experience
• Demonstrate sound judgment and the courage necessary to perform a control role while maintaining effective working relationships
• 8 years experience in 1st and/or 2nd line of defense in the banking sector
• Bachelor or Master's degree
• CRISC / CISM / CISA or equivalent preferred
• Knowledge of privacy laws related to the financial industry
• Possess a strong knowledge of control design, metrics, and operational risk management principles.
• Communication Skills - Excellent oral and written communications skills; Must be articulate and persuasive.
• Change Agent - Ability to drive change and effectively manage projects and stakeholders.
• Strong organizational leadership and influencing skills; Capable of prioritizing and multi-tasking in a dynamic environment.
• Teamwork - Must be able to work in a team environment, listen effectively and be open to change and different ideas/viewpoints.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to review processes and recommend ways to identify issues, improve quality, controls and effectiveness
• Strong desktop skills including MS applications SVP - Cyber Security & Data Privacy Program Manager
Morgan Stanley USA
Morgan Stanley USA