VP Senior Credit Analyst
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Moody's
Role: The successful candidate will be responsible for the analysis of the credit aspects of RMBS, single family rental transactions, servicer advance facilities, reverse mortgage transactions and other securitizations of mortgage related collateral, including analysis of the underlying assets, deal-level financial modeling, and the formulation and substantiation of credit opinions. The successful candidate will be expected to serve as the lead ratings analyst for transactions, monitor industry conditions and trends, present transactions to rating committees, communicate his or her analysis during internal meetings, identify and write accurate and relevant credit research, participate in external outreach, and actively contribute to fostering a culture of excellence at Moody's. The candidate will also be expected to complete various special research projects, develop in-depth knowledge of consumer asset securitizations (RMBS and ABS) and pursue thought leadership initiatives to enhance our analytics and research impact.
Moody's Investors Service Ratings and Research (R&R) group is focused on the development of rating opinions and research, content and outreach, and the delivery of our services to issuers and investors.
- Graduate degree (e.g., MBA, Master's) in Finance, Economics, Statistics, or related quantitative field with 6-8 years of related work experience or undergraduate degree (e.g., Bachelor's) with at least 10 years of related work experience.
- 6- years experience with credit/risk assessment experience gained from a credit rating agency, financial institution, asset management or public accounting firm, or proven equivalent .
- Solid understanding of Structured Finance and Moody's methodologies for rating in those sectors, as well as financial markets and their regulatory environment.
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate clearly and succinctly including the ability to articulate complex analytic and strategic issues and influence audiences of different skill and knowledge levels.
- Strong quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills. Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines. Ability to mentor and develop team members at various levels
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with programming (VBA/SQL) is a plus.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at .
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email .. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
VP Senior Credit Analyst
Credit Suisse -