Process Improvement Manager
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Morgan Stanley USA
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
The talent and passion of our people is critical to our continued success as a firm. Together, we share four core values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic:
1. Putting Clients First
2. Doing the Right Thing
3. Leading with Exceptional Ideas
4. Giving Back
Morgan Stanley is committed to helping its employees build meaningful careers and we strive to be a place for people to learn, achieve and grow.
Firm Risk Management
Firm Risk Management (FRM) enables Morgan Stanley to achieve its business goals by partnering with business units across the Firm to realize efficient risk-adjusted returns, acting as a strategic advisor to the Board and protecting the Firm from exposure to losses as a result of credit, market, liquidity, operational, model and other risks.
Our mission is to serve as the following roles:
· Ind ependent agent to set consistent principles and disciplines for risk management
· Strategic advisor to Firm management for setting risk appetite and allocating capital
· Industry leader to influence and meet regulatory standards
You will collaborate with colleagues across FRM and the Firm to protect the Firm's capital base and franchise, advise businesses and clients on risk mitigating strategies, develop tools and methodologies to analyze and monitor risk, contribute to key regulatory initiatives and report on risk exposures and metrics to enable informed and strategic decision-making. Through thoughtful analysis and clear communication we are best able to bring our ideas to the table and improve the Firm.
Firm Risk Management values diversity and is committed to providing a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees.
Firm Risk Management's unique franchise promotes:
ü Flat, flexible and integrated global organization
ü Collaboration and teamwork
ü Credible, independent decision-making
ü Organizational influence
ü Creative and practical solutions
ü Meritocratic and diverse culture
Morgan Stanley Firm Risk Management Department (FRM) is seeking a VP candidate for the Risk Data and Strategy team based in New York to manage a team focused on Process Improvement initiatives.
The VP is responsible for leading a team to deliver on process innovation and continuous improvement initiatives across FRM. He/she will play an important role in helping to foster a culture of sustainable change and the supporting framework, to deliver business transformation.
To be successful, candidates will benefit from relevant experience, a strong desire to learn, and the ability to work on a small specialized team. Skill in oral and written communication will aid efforts to coordinate between many business and technology groups. Diligence, timeliness, and independence are key qualities necessary for performance in the role.
The applicant should be interested in process oversight and management. Work history should demonstrate strong attention to detail, execution and project management skills, the ability to influence and coordinate within cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects.
· Identify and deliver process renovation and operational efficiency across FRM through employing process improvement methodologies
· Lead and facilitate process improvement based workshops to drive ideas and solutions
· Support the delivery of improved quality, reduced costs, and increased productivity through the identification and elimination of unnecessary complexity within business processes and identification of better ways of working
· Facilitate working groups to develop requirements and drive process change using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, business analysis
· Ensure the business impact and initiative objectives/dependencies are identified, managed appropriately and reported upon
· Act as a liaison and primary communication channel between appropriate Risk domain SMEs, Risk Technology on requirements, prioritization and execution
· Support Risk Data and Strategy team senior members in producing senior management and regulatory reporting presentations
· 7-10 years relevant work experience
· Solid understanding of risk management
· Experience within a financial institution or top tier consultant firm
· Strong oral and written presentation skills
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Demonstrated analytical, creative and problem solving skills
· Ability to coach and mentor team members
· Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
Process Improvement Manager
The American Institute of Chemical Engineers
Morgan Stanley USA