Estimating Assistant / Administrator
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Servest
Vacancy Reference: AMK/ESTASS/EDIN/AM/0412
Job Title: Estimating Assistant / Administrator
Job Type: Full-Time; Contract / Permanent
We are Servest, part of the Atalian Servest Group. As experts in facilities management, we create environments which enable people to deliver exceptional experiences to help organisations to be more efficient, effective and sustainable.
We currently have a great opportunity for a Estimating Assistant / Administrator to join the team. This is a full time, temporary based role required immediately until April 2019 - with the view of this position becoming permanent.
The Estimating Administrator role is an essential part of the Estimating Team; enabling the Estimators to focus on high priority elements of new tenders. The Estimating Administrator will report directly to the Estimating Manager and brief roles and responsibilities would include:
- Registering new tender enquiries on the sales pipeline and setting up electronic estimating files.
- Assisting the Estimating Manager with the decision to bid process
- Managing the tender files for larger projects (Including tracking: drawing / document transmittals, TQ's, Addendums, etc).
- Supporting the Estimating Manager in identifying tender deliverables and liaising with other departments for support.
- Assisting Estimators in issuing, tracking and chasing sub contractor and material supplier enquiries.
- Assisting Estimators complete and submit tender documentation (Inc. Typing up / Writing out client Bill of Quantities, binding, packaging tenders and arranging courie
- Support the Estimating Manager by managing Estimator workload register / tracker.
- Assisting Estimating Manager with weekly, monthly or quarterly reports.
- Organising the Estimating Manager's pre-settlement tender review meetings
- Recording minutes of meetings.
- Maintain up-to-date client, consultant and supply chain contact database.
This role may require Disclosure Scotland, Baseline or other similar security clearance may also be required.
Hours and Environment
The post will for 40 hours per week and be based in Loanhead, Midlothian. Working hours are from 08:00am to 17:00 Monday to Friday, however you may be required to be flexible to suit the needs of the business.
We offer excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its' great people - We believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success. If you are interested in applying for this role and meet the above criteria, please email your CV to
To find out more please visit us on
We are an equal opportunities employer and rely on diversity to deliver on our goals. We actively encourage applications from talented and qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, nationality.
*** NO AGENCIES PLEASE ***