Property Administrator (Block Management & AST Support) - Central Lond
Posted on Dec 17, 2018 by GKr London
Our client is a leading estate agency, long established with some exciting plans ahead based in Central London. They are looking for a Property Administrator to support the Block Management and AST Property Management departments.
This is a new role and a great opportunity for an experience property professional with a keen interest in property management to grow and develop with the role during an exciting time for the business.
- Ensure that all properties and leases/tenants are appropriately and fully registered on the Company's property management software.
- Receiving and responding appropriately to issues as they arise and dealing effectively with the consequences using initiative to prioritise according to the business's needs
- Assisting Block Manager with preparation of Annual Service Charge Budget and ensuring budgets go out to leaseholders with covering letters and demands on time.
- Daily data inputting and ensuring systems are kept up to date.
- Liaise with Property Manager and Accounts regarding company secretarial matters, directorship appointments and resignations, etc.
- Liaise with Property Manager regarding sales packs and legal enquiries.
- Liaise with Accounts Department and others as required, regarding payment of service charges and other charges. Assisting with arrears collection if required, including attending court where necessary.
- Dealing with move-in processes i.e. referencing, ID checks and AST contracts (training to be provided).
- Dealing with AST renewal and termination process.
- Instructing external contractors for ad-hoc minor repairs having firstly discussed with the property manager.
- Liaising with contractors to ensure access is given for works whilst reporting to the property manager.
- Send the check-out report to the landlord and tenant.
- Speak to the landlord about the deductions that you advise should be made, in line with the report.
- Speak to the tenant about the deductions that the landlord wishes to make from the deposit.
- Send the landlord and tenant a deposit form showing that the deductions have been agreed.
- Send the accounts department the deposit statement so that the refund of deposit can be sent.
- To serve relevant notices on tenants on behalf of landlords as required and in line with current legislation
- Processing, checking and approving all invoices relating to reactive maintenance jobs and ensuring that the work flows are kept free.
- Ensuring compliance and record keeping for requirements under the Housing Act 1988 ( as amended in 1996 & 2004) relating to Gas, Electric installations, Smoke and Carbon Monoxide detection and other items that arise as a result of legislative changes.
- Liaising with external managing agents over H&S compliance and maintaining the database records relating to fire emergency plans in non-managed buildings where we have AST occupiers.
- Co-coordinating regular management inspections on a cyclical basis for the property manager and maintaining reports accordingly.
- Instructing inventory check in and check outs with the appropriate supplier at the commencement and end of tenancies and ensuring that all documentation is digitally stored on the network.
- Registering deposits on TDS for tenants on new lettings and liaising with the internal teams to ensure the timely release at the end of tenancies.
- Assisting with all dilapidations due at the termination of leases; obtaining quotations for works required and communicating all proposed deductions to the tenant.
- Informing the appropriate authority and utility providers of meter readings and changes to account information at the commencement and termination of all leases.
- Ensuring the highest cover of customer service at all times with all internal teams, external stakeholders & customers.
- Providing cover for other team members during holiday and sickness absence, and during busy periods.
- To carry out all other functions that the Company may from time to time request
Must have attributes:
- Previous property experience (ideally administration/lettings administration) is required
- Excellent attention to detail
- Smartly presented and an excellent communicator (both written and verbal)
- Previous experience working in the central London market would be highly advantageous
- Excellent administration and organisation skills
- A positive team player
- A friendly and diplomatic approach to problem solving
- Able to work in a busy and fast-paced role
- Proficient in all Microsoft office packages including word, excel and Powerpoint
- Confident dealing with clients over the phone and via email
- Excellent ability to multi task and prioritise
Dependent on experience ranging from £23,000 - £27,000 per annum.
This is a Mon - Fri role.
Inspiring Interns & Graduates
Inspiring Interns & Graduates