Posted on Dec 16, 2018 by XPERT RECRUITMENT SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Logistics Administrator - Immediate Interview
To deliver effective and efficient Administration to the department to prepare quotations and arrange courier supply looking in a team able to work to deadlines, with excellent communication skills.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
• Prepare quotations for all types of customer requirements, both import and export - in an accurate and timely manner
• Negotiate rates with airlines, and make bookings, Back to Back, consol, and direct Masters
• Maximise profitability on shipment by obtaining best possible prices, while maintaining service requirements.
• Work closely with courier supplier to ensure quick and efficient parcel deliveries, attending monthly review meetings to review performance with supplier & department manager
• Work closely with customers, colleagues and third parties to ensure smooth operations.
• Arrange third part courier collections on a daily basis
• Organise and deal with any special arrangements for delicate cargoes.
• Liaise effectively with overseas agents, taking into account different time-zones and cultures.
• Develop and maintain good supplier relationships ensuring our service is second to none, and our rates are as competitive as can be.
• Maintain knowledge of legislation, political situations and other factors affecting the movement of freight.
• Attend regular reviews of performance and annual appraisal meeting with manager.
• Costing of courier jobs files
• Managing quote log, gaining feedback from customers, playing an active part in increasing job conversation rates
Key Skills and Qualities:
Experience of pricing for products / services
Good negotiating skills
Able to work to deadlines
Organised, accurate and with attention to detail
Excellent communication skills at all levels
Knowledge of factors affecting movement of freight
Able to use systems to input date, analyse information, produce reports.
Effective team worker
Groomfield Recruitment Ltd