Posted on Dec 18, 2018 by Office Angels
1pm - 9pm Mon- Friday
Candidates must be available to work 1 Saturday morning in 3
£24,000-£27,000 per annum
Can you easily commute to Avonmouth?
Do you have experience in the Transport industry?
Are you wanting to be apart of a close knit and passionate team?
Office Angels are delighted to be working with a down to earth, approachable and family-run Transport company in an industrial environment who are looking for a committed and hard working Transport Coordinator to help with the office support team and growing workload. It is important that this individual can slot into their extremely loyal, hardworking and passionate team.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities include:
- Processing and preparing collection and delivery orders, checking goods against delivery notes before leaving the warehouse
- Coordinating all drivers and ensuring they are available at all times they are required
- Working closely with the operations manager, drivers and warehouse staff to ensure all jobs are completed accurately and on time
- Checking goods received are in order whilst also checking for any signs of damage
- Overseeing all collections/deliveries to/from the warehouse
- Ensuring the vehicles are kept roadworthy by arranging any repairs etc.
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
Essential Experience required:
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Previous experience in coordinating same day logistics
- Experience managing drivers and driver compliance
- Able to work with great attention to detail
- Good communication skills by phone and email
- Computer literate / IT skills are essential
Due to the nature and industry of our clients business, a strict security clearance process is in place. It is essential that you are eligible to gain UK Security Clearance and you will need to be able to evidence of a five year residency in the UK, ideally with UK Citizenship and a full CRB check will be completed prior to start.
The ideal characteristics:
- Organisational and planning
- Self motivated with a good work ethic
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritise work
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer service orientation
- Team work
- Communication skills - verbal and written
- On-site parking
- Lots of longevity amongst staff
- Laid back, non hierarchical nature
- Flexible working hours (in return for hard-work)
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://candidate-privacy