Receptionist - Part-time TEMP
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by YourRecruit Ltd
Salary: £8.50 - £9.50 per hour - depending on experience
Hours: Monday to Friday, 2pm to 5pm
Start: ASAP - 4 weeks minimum
**The successful candidate will be subject to DBS clearance**
A part-time, temporary opening is available to work within this College with world class facilities. You will be working on the Front of House Reception, where you will be providing an excellent customer service to all visitors, staff and students.
What your working week will be like:
- Ensure that all students and staff entering the building comply with security procedures and that visitors report to reception
- Ensure that the reception area is kept tidy, is welcoming and represents a positive image of the College
- Be fully aware of health and safety procedures including responses for first aid requests and emergency evacuation of buildings
- Welcome all visitors to the College and ensure they are issued with a visitors badge and contact the relevant member/s of staff where appropriate
- Be the first point of contact for all general enquiries and ensure that any queries are passed to the relevant department or member of staff
- Liaise with College staff to ensure that information regarding College events and activities is available from the Reception area
- Liaise with the Facilities Team and the Duty Manager via a two-way radio to ensure any emergency incidents are dealt with appropriately
- Ensure up to date timetabling information is available at all times
- Provide administrative support
- Photocopying as requested and required
The ideal candidate will already be registered on the DBS update service. Previous Reception experience would be ideal, but strong administration background will be considered.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communicator
- Deadline driven
- Working with People; Team Working, Communication
- Results Focus; Drive to Achieve Excellence, Technical Skills & Professionalism
- Focus on Delivery; Organisational Awareness, Customer/Student Focus
- Self-Motivation; Adaptability & Flexibility, Accountability
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.