Training & Assessment Officer - Residential Childcare
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Cadagio Ltd
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Training & Assessment Officer - Residential childcare development (RCD) covering the Oxfordshire area to deliver quality teaching, learning and assessment to learners, to defined quality standards across all Apprentice / QCF programmes within the range of own occupational competence and to support members of the delivery team as required.
Principal duties include:
- To manage and deliver Teaching Learning & Assessment (TLA) to a caseload of up to 45 learners
- To maintain accurate and up to date records of training, planning, registration, assessment, certification and observations of practice, in line with Ofsted, Awarding Organisation and ESFA guidelines.
- To work closely with the Business Development team to support the recruitment of learners to supplement caseload and ensure new learners are recruited in line with departmental targets.
- To ensure the consistently high quality of provision and the quality of the learners' experience is not compromised.
- Contribute to Standardisation and Quality Improvement meetings as required.
- To maintain continuous professional development to ensure an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of new developments and Awarding Organisation requirements is maintained.
- To contribute and manage own development in all aspects of continuous quality improvement, Awarding Organisation, Ofsted and business requirements, including the usage of the centre's e-portfolio system as a management information tool.
- To follow, and implement, the centre's Learner Progression and Activity, Learning Support and Functional Skills Policy and Procedures, including planning appropriate monthly sessions and providing ongoing advice and guidance to learners and employers in order to support the centre to meet its minimum timely qualification achievement rates.
- Work to challenging and improving performance standards to maintain standards of best practice.
- Promote genuine equality and diversity in all aspects of curriculum delivery and service delivery.
- Take responsibility for the health, safety and safeguarding activities applicable to the post as set out in the company's policy statements.
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the basic objectives of the post.
o Working as part of a team - flexible approach
o Strong customer focus
o Manage changing priorities - ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
o Ability to analyse information and identify issues - Problem Solve
o Create and maintain professional and productive relationships
o Accuracy and attention to detail
o Effective oral/written/numeracy and communication skills
o An understanding of the examination processes
o Achieving results through others
o Capable to draft and present clear and concise reports and structure information into a logical sequence
o Full clean driving license
Commitment to CPD/professional development/safeguarding.
A1, L3 TAQA or equivalent.
V1, L4 TAQA or equivalent.
CTLLS /Cert Ed/PGCE or equivalent or willingness to work towards.
Vocational competence and experience to deliver Apprenticeship frameworks in specified areas up to and including Level 5.
In return, our client offer: a competitive starting salary, performance related bonus, training, development and progression. Hours of work - 37.5 per week.
To apply for this role please submit a covering letter and recent CV.
BBO Recruitment Ltd.
BBO Recruitment Ltd.
Suffolk New College