Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Brite Services
We are currently recruiting for an Arborist Groundworker to work for a national utilities company, based in the Gloucester area. As an Arborist Groundworker, you will benefit from working for a prestigious and leading brand name within its field, gain opportunities for a career and self-development. Excellent benefits include a competitive salary, 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, weekly pay, opportunities to apply for permanent vacancies within the business.
Our client is a leading energy distributor in the UK with a first class reputation for network reliability and business efficiency and provides on-going development and training of staff to ensure the company continues to hold a national reputation for excellence.
As an Arborist Groundworker you will primarily be responsible for carrying out tree and vegetation cutting works to achieve and maintain the specified clearances from the overhead electrical network.
This work will involve supporting the Arborist team by undertaking ground support duties, including felling of small trees, processing of cut material, and the operation of ground support equipment, such as woodchippers. As part of your ground support role, you will possess NPTC CS 38.
The ability to undertake site specific, electrical, dynamic and environmental risk assessments is essential, as is the highest possible commitment to personal, team and public safety, together with the delivery of world class customer service.
Activities undertaken as an Arborist Groundworker include
- Carrying ground based tree cutting works in accordance with the customer consent and the specified clearance. This cutting work will include the circuit clearance programme, as well as customer, engineering and emergency out of hours requests
- Assisting the Arborist and Lead Arborist with resource planning, and other tasks as and when required
- Ensuring that all machinery, vehicles, tools and equipment are kept clean, secure and serviceable at all times
- Ensuring the safety of all operations, including works on or adjacent to the public highway, by using the appropriate signing, guarding and traffic management measures
- To maintain and update records accurately
- Assisting with enquiries from the public in professional and courteous manner
The environment requires you to be able to react quickly, decisively and responsibly. You will also need to be flexible in your approach to assist the team in meeting its objectives.
This role is suitable for someone who enjoys the demands of a physical outdoor environment.
You will need to be mobile throughout the area and you may also be required to undertake out of hours standby duties, therefore a full driving license is essential.
- Experience in Utility Arboriculture
- NPTC CS units 30, 31 & 38
- MEWP and woodchipper competency
- NPTC UA units 1, 2.1 & 2.2
- A full UK driving licence
- A clear and consistent focus on safety, quality and customer service
NPTC CS 32
A recognised arboriculture qualification
PLEASE NOTE this is a contract position for up to 12 months, working on a temporary basis. However this is a great opportunity to gain experience, work with a professional and reputable company and apply for opportunities within the company on a more permanent basis.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to complete an application form before the closing date of 18th December 2018 at midday.
Salary is £23,252 per annum pro rata