People Services Co-ordinator
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Resource Management
People Services Advisor - Employee Relations
Salary: £21,000 - £26,000
Benefits: 6% On-Target Bonus, fantastic pension scheme, 28 Days holiday + Bank holidays plus more excellent benefits
Our client is the largest mutual life, pensions and investment company in the UK, with Group funds under management of £114 billion and latest ProfitShare pay out to members of £142 million. Group businesses provide around 9.0 million policies and employ 3,669 people. (Figures quoted are as at 10 May 2018).
Founded as a Friendly Society in a London coffee shop in 1861, they started out with the aim to help people avoid the stigma of a pauper's grave. Since then we have been helping people help themselves and are committed to delivering the best value for customers and putting members first.
We are currently transforming our People team, which involves the re-organisation of resource and activity into a tiered support and advisory model. This has resulted in the need to build our advisory capability in the shared services team. We are also introducing a new HR System (SuccessFactors), which will fundamentally change the way the People team supports the wider business.
We are looking for a People Services Co-ordinator to join the team based in Wilmslow. This role not only offers the chance to be part of a People function going through major positive change but also provides future potential for someone looking to develop their career towards becoming a People Services Advisor. The role is critical to the function's future success by acting as an escalation point of contact for both employees and people managers seeking guidance, and resolving day to day HR queries by providing a knowledgeable and exceptional user-friendly service with a focus on resolution.
- Provide accurate and timely information, data and advice to managers and employees on Royal London's people policies and procedures (e.g. Employee Relations, Performance and Reward, Organisational Development).
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to deliver advice fairly and consistently.
- Continually look for areas of potential efficiencies and improvements in the People Services Team.
- Liaise with Payroll, our Advisors, plus the People team Centres of Excellence and other internal departments.
- Deliver strong customer service through times of ongoing change.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience of working in a HR administration role and supporting an internal HR function and wider business with HR policy and process activities.
- Good awareness of the risks associated with people issues, recognising the appropriate point of escalation.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
- Experience of SuccessFactors or similar leading HR technology platform would be beneficial.
- Strong communicator with the ability to relay complex data, simply and concisely in both written and verbal formats.
- Working towards CIPD or other equivalent professional HR qualifications.
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below.