Head of SEO
Posted on Dec 18, 2018 by Solve Recruitment Limited
We're on the hunt for a Head of SEO with demonstrable experience of delivering great results within organic search. Working on multiple client accounts, which include a mixture of local and national SEO, you'll mentor a team of SEO Managers and SEO Executives within a busy digital marketing department.
You will take responsibility for the business development of the team, and ownership of proposals and pitches, ensuring annual growth and profitability for all work managed.
• Interview, grow, mentor and manage a team of SEO Managers and SEO Executives providing clear direction in all matters relating to biddable media.
• Educate agency on SEO best practice and strategy.
• Building successful client relationships.
• Mitigate difficult client and project situations professionally.
• Work with account managers and producers on cross-departmental projects.
• Take responsibility for the business development of the team, and ownership of client proposals and pitches, ensuring annual growth and profitability for all work managed.
• Technical on-site SEO implementation, including keyword research.
• On-page optimisation, including meta data and content optimisation.
• Localised SEO and site optimisation.
• An understanding of the positive and negative effects of link building.
• An understanding of content, Digital PR and the effects on SEO, so you can work alongside our Digital PR and Outreach team.
• Analytics and reporting.
Desired experience and skills:
• 5+ years' experience working in a search engine optimisation role.
• Demonstrable experience of working autonomously on SEO campaigns.
• A results-driven approach to SEO, underpinned by strong commercial awareness.
• Competence in generating proposals and comfortable in delivering pitches to new and existing clients to grow their budget, media spend and accounts.
• A positive, entrepreneurial attitude and approach.
• Business savvy and relationship driven.
• Strong organisational and time management skills.
• Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail.
• Experience in working with SEO management tools, such as; SEO Monitor, SE Cockpit, SEM Rush, Searchmetrics, Majestic, Copyscape and Moz.
• Outstanding people skills, including the ability to build rapport quickly with clients.
Our Client works in a fluid & lean way so you'll need to be comfortable working iteratively with the rest of the team to deliver an outstanding result without specifications or intensive management.
The key to their success is the great relationships they have with their clients, so you will need to be comfortable with taking on the role of an account manager when dealing with the clients you work with.
If successful, you will excel within your career, through hands-on training and regular reviews to keep you progressing with your personal development.
* Great Salary, negotiable depending on skills and experience.
* Up to 25 days of holiday, plus your birthday off.
* Free training. * A job related book of your choice each month.
* Contributory pension scheme.
* Childcare vouchers.
* Cycle to work scheme.
* Sick pay package.
* Pizza days and drinks at the launch of every new project.
* 3pm finish every Friday so you can get your weekend started early!
If you want to know more, then please apply via Solve Recruitment.