Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by Red Rock Partnership Ltd
Our Client is a privately owned UK business established in 1962, which supplies fresh produce. It is the second-largest animal processing company in the UK, capable of processing 2 million products per week.
To drive self and others to optimise machinery output and product quality, and minimise plant downtime through effective preventative maintenance, efficient breakdown response and quality continuous improvement whilst maintaining a safe and healthy environment and promoting good engineering practice.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ensure the Engineering maintenance carried out in line with the schedule and effective and efficient corrective action is taken.
- Quick and effective response to Mechanical, Electrical and plc control breakdowns anywhere on site, identifying root cause and suggesting possible improvements to prevent further breakdowns occurring.
- Communicate unscheduled breakdowns to the Engineering Manager / Maintenance manager and liaise effectively with the operations department to minimise plant disruption.
- Role model good engineering standards and good hygiene practice for the department and coach/mentor other engineers in the department to follow these standards.
- Deliver technical expertise, (mechanical, electrical and plc control),to the engineering department through personal delivery and the coaching / mentoring of others.
- Ensure all activities are carried out within company and legislative health and safety guidelines, highlighting possible areas of improvement to the Engineering Manager and Health and Safety Manager.
- Timely reporting of any Health and Safety, Animal Welfare and Environmental Issues to the relevant department
- Working with the Engineering Manager and Maintenance manager to deliver training to the engineering team, and develop job succession from Level 1 through to Level 5 where appropriate.
- Decide upon the correct escalation route for unscheduled plant downtime and minimise downtime through good decision making and delegation of engineering tasks.
- Demonstrate good problem solving techniques for mechanical, electrical and control issues to quickly identify root cause of issues and to identify impending issues.
- Manage the Engineering spend appropriately, escalating any areas of high or unscheduled spend to the Engineering Manager.
- Manage external Contractors including Permit writing, Risk Assessments and Audits
Qualifications and Experience:
- Understanding and knowledge of plc programming.
- Apprentice trained in an engineering discipline.
- HNC in electrical, mechanical or production maintenance engineering
- BTECH 3 - 5
- Experience in the maintenance and trouble shooting of manufacturing systems.
- Certificated competence to work with electricity (eg. 17th edition wiring regulations, skill conversion course etc)
- Will have good communication & inter-personal skills in dealing with colleagues at all levels.
- Self motivated & able to work on his/her own initiative.
- Good leadership qualities and have the ability to motivate others and make effective timely decisions.
Salary & Shifts:
- Salary £32,000 plus £4,000 shift allowance
- Week 1: Monday to Thursday 0600 to 1400. Fri 0600 to 1300. (39 hours)
- Week 2: Monday to Thursday 1400 to 2200. Fri 1100 to 1800. Sat 0600 to 1400. (47 hours)
Due to the volume of applications unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest.
By applying for this role you are allowing us to forward your details to a third party.
Castle Employment Agency
Omega Selection Services
Provide Consulting Ltd