Electrical Design Engineer
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Search Consultancy
Electrical Design Engineer - Derby
The company is a leading consultancy working with global customers in the support of full lifecycle enhancement projects that covers end to end processes for the rail industry
As a Design Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the technical delivery of Electrical Installation designs for rolling stock. You will work on modification projects with clients throughout the rail sector.
You will have a solid and extensive background of working as an electrical design engineer within the rail industry. You will work closely with managers, specialist engineers and fellow designers to deliver engineering design solutions for industry-leading rolling stock modification projects, from initial concept work through detail design and on to support of installation on turnkey projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but aren't limited to:.
* Work closely with Project Managers and Project Engineers to deliver design projects.
* Delivery of workload to timescales and deliverables agreed with project managers and engineers, as well as reporting on progress to ensure successful delivery.
* Contribute to the continuous improvement of design guides and practices, raising issues where identified and adopting appropriate solutions for the benefit of the team and customer
* Compliance with company design and project processes and applicable standards..
* Build good working relationships with specialist engineers and customers.
* Provide impartial input to design projects as an independent checker
* Presentation of design concepts and detailed design solutions to project engineers and colleagues during design reviews. Site visits to client and supplier premises to conduct design surveys and completing first article inspections or build support.
* Good communication and teamwork skills
* Proactively contribute to a continuous improvement culture,
Essential Experience & Skills
* Experienced in the delivery of railway (rolling stock) engineering design projects.
* Experience in Design tools/processes to aid Manufacture and Assembly.
* Qualified to degree standard or apprenticeship in a relevant discipline with several years' related experience and / or training;
* Proficient in the use of Solid Edge or a comparable software package for both 3D modelling and 2D drafting
* Ability to accurately 3D Model components from Legacy data with all attributes contained parametrically.
* Component/Module installation and packaging in line with Manufacturers or Clients recommended requirements.
Desirable Experience & Skills
* Ability to use Electrical Wiring packages.
* Experience in the use of other 3D CAD software packages.
* Knowledge of the risks associated with each aspect of the lifecycle of a Turnkey project would be beneficial from initial bid to final handover is a key advantage.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Rise Technical Recruitment Limited
Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
Bennett & Game Recruitment
ABA Consulting Ltd