Field Service Engineer - West Midlands
Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by FMC Global Talent
My client are a leading global provider of weighing and inspection machinery who produce unique machine solutions and technologies for OEM and end customers from a wide range of manufacturing industries including food, non-food, chemical and pharmaceutical sectors. They are currently looking for a Field Service Engineer to cover the West Midlands area.
You will install machines and solutions for dynamic check weighing and catch weighing, X-ray
scanning and Track & Trace across the UK and Ireland.
This includes the final configuration as well as the related testing and process optimization during the start-up of the production process. You will carry out preventive maintenance and repair or modify existing machines and systems on customers request. You will work with customer technicians who may, in some cases, respond for first line maintenance items and assume responsibility for continued customer
satisfaction, and coordinate all activities with the customer.
You will demonstrate the following:
- A minimum of 3 years' experience as a field service engineer with electro/mechanical equipment
- Ability to travel around the West Midlands area and occasionally across the UK
- Continuously strive to improve product knowledge and understanding of technology
- Display a professional attitude and a commitment to the organization and customer satisfaction
- Ability to work under pressure and to keep the situation under control
- Knowledge of IPC serial and Ethernet communication, I/O Interface is desirable but not required. With the ability to read electrical schematics
If you are motivated to join a great company, please apply today.
Reference number: 6102
FMC contact for this role: Kai Colby