Electrical Design Engineer
Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by Total Recruitment Group Ltd
Electrical Design Engineer required to join main manufacturer in the Burton On Trent area.
37 hours per week (Monday to Friday, with an early finish each Friday)
The hours can be flexible to some degree with start and finish times.
Salaries within the business are confidential and not published on any job adverts. A competitive salary will be discussed in full, on a one to one basis with suitable applicants.
Due to growth of the team, we are recruiting for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer to join a very busy engineering and design department primarily involved in the design of specialist equipment, sold mainly into the manufacturing sector.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Design LV and HV switchgear and motor control centres/control panels using AutoCAD LT
• Produce engineering mechanical drawings, electrical schematic wiring diagrams, BOMs, external & internal panel layouts and loop diagrams
• Produce technical documentation, test procedures, operating manuals, control philosophies, cause & effect charts.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
• HND or degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
• Working knowledge and demonstrable application of BS7671:2018 Requirements for Electrical Installations (IET Wiring Regulations) & BS EN 61439 Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies.
• Previous experience with LV and HV switchgears and control panels highly desirable
• An ability to use AutoCAD to a consistently high standard
• Sound knowledge and experience of producing BOMs, method statements, risk assessments, general arrangement drawings and schematic diagrams
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbally with people on all levels
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Display thoughts and ideas for improvement
• Can work with own initiative
To work on the development of New Products, support Manufacturing and Sales in the supply of existing and legacy products and to provide Engineering services to all other areas of the business.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Creation of Drawings and schematics for New Product Development
2. To help create design specifications for new products and define the test procedure to enable launch.
3. Creation of 3d designs and models for testing of prototypes.
4. Creation of specifications to ensure compliance with the relevant International Standard.
5. Reverse engineer legacy products to create drawings and technical specifications.
6. Provide technical support for the Sales and Marketing team.
7. Provide detailed technical support for Customers.
8. Oversee FAT and other testing of product to ensure compliance with Customer and International Standards.
9. Solve Engineering issues with product in Manufacture.
Key Performance Indicators:
• New Product Delivery
• Turnaround of Drawings and Technical Documents
• Customer feedback on support
• Patent realisation
Core Competency Requirements:
• Excellent Engineering Skills.
• Strong control panel design experience working to BS EN61439
• Excellent Technical author
• Excellent knowledge of CAD - 2d and 3d.
• Excellent knowledge of Hazardous Areas, EMC and Low Voltage Directive
• Able to work under pressure, efficiently manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
• Solid problem solving, decision making and analytical capabilities.
• Customer focused, with effective relationship management skills and able to achieve objectives.
• Ability to prioritize, demonstrating first class organization skills and time management.
• Willingness to travel and deal with different cultures and personalities.
• Reliable, positive, with a hands-on approach and a 'can do' attitude.
• Potential start date - January 2019
APPLY NOW IN STRICTEST CONFIDENCE. The Recruitment Manager - Loraine Maher
G2 Recruitment Solutions