Programmers (2+ years experience) - THE CHINESE ROOM, BRIGHTON, Sumo D
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Sumo Digital
The Chinese Room have established a reputation as one of the most creative and exciting studios in the UK. Weâ€ re very proud to be seen internationally as pioneers of storytelling with a flair for creating atmospheric, rich and imaginative games. Our titles include the groundbreaking Dear Esther (2012), cult horror Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs (2013), the VR fairy-tale So Let Us Melt (2017) and the open-world adventure Everybodyâ€ s Gone to the Rapture (2015), a Playstation 4 exclusive that won major awards across the world. This included an amazing 10 BAFTA nominations and 3 BAFTA wins.
In 2018, we joined the Sumo Digital family of studios. This new home will see us bring our passion and commitment to creating exciting original games within a network of studios renowned for quality and expertise. It enables us to expand and grow in ambition and confidence, taking our reputation for storytelling into new genres. Weâ€ ve already started work on one new title and are in discussions about a significant AAA project.
Weâ€ re looking for a very special team of developers, who can combine technical expertise with flair, creativity and the hunger to make world-class games. Weâ€ re very proud of our track record in diversity and particularly welcome applications from all corners of the industry to ensure this continues into the next chapter of the studioâ€ s story. The Chinese Room was built on passion, on finding amazing people and letting them shine. If this sounds like somewhere youâ€ d like to make games, then weâ€ d love to hear from you.
The Chinese Room
We are always looking for enthusiastic and experienced programmers to join The Chinese Room to assist with development of AAA Xbox, PS4, Switch, PC and Mobile based projects.
As a programmer at Sumo, you will:
- Work with project managers and other leads to define and complete programming tasks
- Write high quality source code
- Work with designers to implement gameplay and user interface elements to the designers' specifications
- Liaise with Quality Assurance to fix bugs
- Ensure the game is compliant with manufacturer's guidelines for the relevant platforms
- Maintain stability of development environment for the entire development team
You will need to have:
- A good relevant degree, i.e. Computer Science or a Games Programming course
- Worked on at least one released game and/or experience with at least one current generation engine (UE4, CryEngine, Source, Unity etc.) resulting in a demo you can show us
- Strong C# programming skills within Unity
- Strong C++ programming skills preferably within Unreal
- Strong 3D programming and mathematics skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of source control systems
It would also be great if you have:
- Thorough understanding of the game production process
- Graphics systems (3D graphics, animation, camera control, lighting, materials and shaders)
- Knowledge of the requirements placed on gameplay code by a multiplayer networked game
- Experience with iOS, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, console programming
- Experience of working to manufacturers' guidelines for the relevant platforms Salary Based on experience Location Brighton Job Category Programming Date posted 30/11/2018 More View other Sumo Digital jobs Recruiter This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference -3e88-44d4-896f-4cd16d915779. Apply for this job
The post Programmers (2+ years experience) - THE CHINESE ROOM, BRIGHTON, Sumo Digital appeared first on bright.jobs .
Tinies Brighton & Sussex