Associate Geoenvironmental - South East
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Peritus Green Associates
£50,000 - £70,000 + Excellent Benefits Package
Are you looking for that next step in responsibility and personal progression? This could be for you. This client, an award winning multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy, who are going through a period of expanding across the UK, have a unique opportunity in the South East. This expansion is on the back of continued project delivery with further high growth plans in the next few years. With offices in West London and Surrey they have a strong base with an extensive portfolio of projects with the potential for more such work from a range of existing and new clients.
They are seeking an experienced, ambitious, self-motivated team leader with a proven talent for team building and leadership in this field and who wants the opportunity to build out a technically strong and high performing team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants an exciting career opportunity or a fresh start and has the drive to lead and develop a new team within a highly regarded independent consultancy.
The role will enable the existing UK director and regional directors to build this business stream. You will be closely supported in the role by both the UK and regional discipline directors in shaping and growing the team. There is great scope for progression, reward and personal growth and you will be expected to have a significant input into the growth and development of the wider business and service offerings.
They have busy multi-disciplinary teams in the south east offices and a significant and diverse workload with huge potential for further growth from existing and new sectors. Travel will be required as per the nature of this role.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
• A first degree in earth science and ideally a relevant masters or higher degree
• Proven experience, having attained a minimum of Principal level within the geoenvironmental sector
• A track record in team leadership, management or mentoring of staff
• Experienced in tender management and generation
• Proven client facing and management ability
• Business development experience
• Commercially focussed
• Strong report writing and presentation experience
• Technically proficient, preferably with a geotechnical bias, but must also be competent with contaminated land assessment
• Excellent communication skills
As a key member of the business you can expect a highly competitive package.