Air Quality Consultant - Bristol
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Peritus Green Associates
Air Quality Consultant
£25,000 - £30,000
Our Client an award winning multidisciplinary consultancy have an exciting opportunity for an Air Quality consultant to join their established team of specialists. Project work is diverse, across renewables, infrastructure, housing and development sectors.
The role is for an Air Quality Scientist to join our Environmental team based in their Bristol office. You will sit within an established team of 10+ Air and Noise specialists working alongside technical specialists that will enable you to learn and develop your skill set. As a multidisciplinary consultancy your will have the opportunity to have full project access and understanding of where your project work will fit in within a full Environmental Impact Assessment and larger construction project.
- Undertaking air quality Impact Assessments involving road traffic, combustion and odour emissions
- Air quality dispersion modelling and monitoring programmes
- Report writing and contribution to Environmental Statement Preparation
- Liaising with local authorities
- Provide support to Environmental Permit applications
You will be required to demonstrate a minimum of 18 months relevant experience and will have a BEng, BSc or MSc in a relevant subject, or the equivalent level qualification. In addition will have:
- Have experience of dispersion modelling and GIS packages
- Understanding of air pollution monitoring techniques
- Understanding of the LAQM and UK planning and regulatory system and technical standards / guidance
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Ability to work alone and within multidisciplinary teams
- Ideally the applicant will be able to demonstrate competency and flexibility to meet the demands of the role.
As you would expect when working for a market leader, they offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance. Additionally you will be provided a significant opportunity for career progression and personal development, in s a friendly and supportive environment where you can attain your personal career goals.