Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Anonymous
Reporting to the CEO, we are looking for a hands on accountant who can develop the finance function, implement processes and improve controls and systems.
* Preparing monthly management reports;
* Month-end reporting - unbilled WIP/billings/aged debtors/payments/receipts;
* Monthly bank reconciliations;
* Inputting of all financial transactions for both office and client account in accordance with Solicitor Account Rules (SAR's);
* Processing VAT returns;
* Managing petty cash and expenses;
* Billing - including chasing third party disbursements;
* Payments - suppliers/third party disbursements;
* Managing audit process - SRA /Companies House;
* Credit control;
* Managing client accounts compliant with SAR's;
* Clearing outstanding account balances;
* Conflict checking /online compliance;
* Budgeting/forecasting /cash flow management;
* Payroll and Pensions.
Desired Skills and Experience
* Minimum of five years' experience gained within the legal or professional service sector;
* Experience of working within an organisation with a turnover of £3-£5 million;
* Knowledge of SARs;
* Excellent interpersonal skills;
* Team player with a 'can do' approach and commercial acumen;
* Experience in system and process implementations/improvements.
What can we offer you?
* Competitive salary.
* Full time - permanent position. We will also consider a flexible working arrangement