Lawyer - criminal litigation
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Anonymous
Location: Harrow, HA1 2XY
Employer: Pertemps Recruitment for Harrow Council
Contract Type: Temp / Full time
A fantastic opportunity within Harrow Council for an enthusiastic and committed individual to join us as a Lawyer - Criminal Litigation .
We are seeking self-driven and motivated individual to join us as a Lawyer - Criminal Litigation
to work on a full time contract. In return we pay a competitive rate of £19.47 hourly rate dependent on experience, other benefits include excellent training and support for career development and 21 days holiday (excluding Bank Holidays).
You will support the development of HB Public Law with Team Leaders and Service Managers.
You will be responsible to advise and have conduct of legal files on behalf of the Councils and to provide advice, representation and undertake research as requested in relation to criminal litigation, including social housing fraud, and regulatory prosecutions and education law;
As well you will be attending at meetings which may take place outside of normal office hours and off site as required;
As part of your responsibilities you will have to advise members at committees in a proactive and politically sensitive manner.
To be successful in the role, you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- You must be a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives, qualified solicitor, barrister or appropriately qualified overseas lawyer.
- Undertaking advocacy
- Demonstrate excellent client care skills
- Use fully Microsoft products & a case management system
- Record accurately instructions and provide clear advice, in writing and orally
- Advise councillors in public meetings
- Able to draft and negotiate some complex legal documents
- Present a confident demeanour to gain the trust of clients
Harrow Council is the 12th largest London borough by area and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit. Located 10 miles from the city centre and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406
WHITMORE HIGH SCHOOL
WHITMORE HIGH SCHOOL