Hardware Development Engineer - ADAS
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
JOB SUMMARY OF THE HARDWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER - ADAS:
Electrical Hardware Engineerwith a good background in analog and digital electronics is required to play a vital role in the development of theschematics and BOMs for ADAS/autonomous driving technologies. This client is a leader in advanced vehicle safety systems and offers significant future opportunities to break into new vehicle safety technologies. If you have experience with analog or digitalelectronic circuitsalong withSignal and Power Integrity simulation and testing, then this position is well suited to you.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE HARDWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER - ADAS:
* Design analog and digital hardware for next generation ADAS/autonomous driving controls
* Record and maintain the documents such asblock diagrams, schematics, manuals, BOMs, and test plans.
* Perform Worst Case, Monte Carlo, Stress/Thermal analysis and bench testing to achieve thequality and performance requirements.
* Perform theoretical circuit block FMEA usingPC based FMEA software and perform FMEA verification
* Work With ECAD teamto develop a board layout compliant with Manufacturing and EMC requirements.
* Work with Product Assurance team to developconcept and design validation test requirements and plans
* Work with other engineers team such as Mechanical, Validation, Layout, software and Manufacturing engineers etc. for design and development.
* Design and debug the investigations andsupport development, maintenance, failure analysis, and resolution activities.
* Participate in ECU Design Reviews
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE HARDWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER - ADAS:
* BSEE or BSCE with3+ years of experience in analog and digital electronic circuits (automotive technologiesbeing a plus).
* A background in circuit-level design, though an engineer with a background in circuit/board-level validation/testing could also be considered.
* Experience in implementation of communication protocol such as CAN, SPI, PSI5, Ethernet, PCIe, USB, DDRx etc.
* Experience withPCB layout, RF/EMI/EMC/ESD mitigation techniques, simulation and power distribution techniques of modern processors
* Experience withSignalandPowerIntegritysimulation, testing andvalidating motherboards in the laboratory.
* Experience intesting and validating motherboards in the laboratory
* Skilled in using the software such asMathcad, Pspice, Matlab, IQ-RMDoors, Altium etc.
* Knowledge ofreading component datasheets
* Practical knowledge of usingan Oscilloscope,its trigger settings andusing various probes to look at signal characteristics.
* Knowledge of the specific tools such asMultimeter, Logic Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, Power supplies, Function/Waveform Generator,Communication Simulators
COMPENSATION OF THE HARDWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER:
Salary Range: $90,000-110,000/year depending on experience
Location: Southeast MI
Travel: As and when required
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be considered?
KNOWLEDGE OF THE FOLLOWING AREAS WILL BE HELPFUL -Electrical, Hardware ,"block diagrams",schematics, BOM, "Worst Case", "Monte Carlo", stress, thermal, "Bench Testing",FMEA,ECAD,EMC,analog, digital,circuit, automotive,CAN, SPI, PSI5, Ethernet, PCIe, USB, DDRx, RF, EMI, EMC, ESD, signal, power, integrity, simulation,Mathcad, Pspice, Matlab, IQ-RM,. DOORS,Altium,Oscilloscope,Multimeter, "Logic Analyzer", "Spectrum Analyzer", "Power supplies", "Waveform Generator", "Communication Simulator"