Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Reed Technology
One of the UK's major banking firms are seeking a C# Developer to join their expanding department on a permanent basis.
As a software developer on the Robotic Process Automation team, your role will be vital in designing, developing, delivering and supporting bespoke software solutions which will be used to streamline manual business processes across a wide array of business areas.
The Robotic Process Automation team sits within CICO (Chief Information and Change Office) which manages the implementation of change across the organisation. The purpose of the team is to provide a structured approach to change, this also includes reducing costs, increasing efficiencies, mitigating risks and identifying & resolving incidents in a timely manner.
You will challenge yourself to push the boundaries with current and new technologies and will be able to learn new concepts and technologies fast to find the best solution for the problem at hand.
The Role, Key Responsibilities and Relationships:
• Develop new software and identify the best method / language / application to use to implement a solution fit for purpose.
• Implement robust controls and outputs to enable the business area to manage the process effectively.
• Make enhancements to existing software and implement fixes where required to ensure system downtime is kept to a minimum.
• Create strong working relationships with the wider business areas to look at identifying opportunities to improve efficiencies via automation / implementing changes.
• Prioritise workloads and manage time effectively in order to meet deadlines.
• Ability to articulate technical detail to stakeholders and senior management.
• Manage the development and testing cycle of projects, ensuring stakeholders are fully aware of any potential delays, issues or risks that could affect implementation.
• Ability to think creatively when developing new solution whilst keeping in mind the needs of the business.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Required:
• Programming skills: - C# is essential. (VB.Net and VB6 are desirable)
• Relational Database Skills: - MS SQL is essential. Oracle SQL is desirable
• Good working knowledge of Visual Studio and MS SQL Server Studio
• Passionate about technologies and keen to share this passion with others
• Strong organisational skills and planning skills
• Strong time management and organisational discipline
• Team player
• Good communication/influencing skills - ability to work across functions and organisational boundaries
• Good verbal and written presentation skills
If you meet the above criteria, please apply now for immediate consideration.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
JV Recruitment Ltd