FICC SFL Strats
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Goldman Sachs USA
The Structured Credit Trading business often involves creating solutions customized to each client's specific needs/situations. Therefore, unlike flow trading of relatively more matured products, no two trades are alike.
In the past years, we have analyzed and transacted a vast spectrum of product, including corporate debt, aircraft leasing, project financing, mortgages, commodity, sovereign debt and private loans. There is plenty of new area to explore in our world and our Strats team is highly valued by the business.
As an SCT Strat, you will play a noticeably central role in trade structuring, pricing, execution and risk management. More so than at most other desks. This presents a highly visible platform to use your skills and knowledge into making a tangible impact to the firm's bottom line.
As an SCT Strat, you will gain familiarity with a wide range of asset classes & risk factors despite sitting in a single business. This is provides an invaluable and unusual opportunity to build a deep foundation of product knowledge.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities
- Developing pricing and risk analytics and tools for Structured Lending and Structured Credit Trading businesses
- Working on structured credit transactions in global market, including Latam and EMEA
- Working on structured Investment and Lending business on Credit, Mortgage and Commodity assets
- Building and maintaining a complete trading, market making, and risk management platform and supporting the daily functioning of the business
- Assisting in Firm-wide Strategies initiatives
- Demonstration of ability to create robust object-oriented code for critical systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high caliber environment and to deliver results quickly
- Good work ethic and eagerness to learn
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to both technical and non-technical audiences
- BS, MS, or PhD in math, physics, computer science or engineering
- Knowledge of interest rates, FX, credit market and products, as well as capital and risk management preferred
- Experience in a front office Strats or similar role is a plus
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global Strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
FICC SFL Strats