IMD, PWM, Financial Investment Professional
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Goldman Sachs USA
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
Are you a quick-thinking self-starter with a passion for the financial markets, the desire to work closely with portfolio managers, and the ability to think outside the box? We are seeking Financial Investment Professionals who have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where critical thinking, attention to detail, strong communication skills, and client service are essential to maintaining and enhancing our business.
Private Wealth Management (PWM) secures, develops and manages relationships with high net worth individuals, their families, family offices and foundations. PWM assists clients with building and preserving their financial wealth by creating and implementing long-term asset allocation within the context of each client's particular risk tolerance, and by providing access to innovative investment ideas and opportunities. PWM professionals develop customized investment strategies and offer a full array of wealth management products and services, including private banking and trust company services.
Our Financial Investment Professionals provide relationship management and support to PWM by monitoring portfolio holdings, analyzing asset allocations, researching potential investments, understanding financial market developments and trends, and executing trades while gaining a broad-based understanding of the asset management business.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Work closely with Private Wealth Advisors to develop and implement wealth management strategies for PWM clients
- Develop and prepare marketing presentations for prospective clients that address equity, fixed income, and alternative investment components of asset allocation
- Analyze equity and fixed income portfolios for risk and return characteristics
- Execute portfolio rebalancing
- Research internal and external investment vehicles for client asset allocation
- Keep abreast of the latest events in the financial markets
- Relay GS research and market views to Private Wealth Advisors and clients
- Work in conjunction with various product groups within Investment Management to respond to client needs
- Assist with trading and provide client service and team support
WHERE WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT
Our Private Wealth Management business spans the globe, with the following locations in the United States: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Miami (Florida and Latin America coverage), Philadelphia, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and West Palm Beach
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and think clearly under pressure
- Experience in the financial markets and demonstrated investment sense/commercial instinct
- Ability to multi-task and work with numerous colleagues and business units across the Firm
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Series 7 and 63 required (must be obtained within three months of employment)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
IMD, PWM, Financial Investment Professional