Savings - Deposit Operations - Operational Risk/Quality Assurance Vice
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Goldman Sachs USA
Consumer and Commercial Banking (CCBD)
Consumer and Commercial Banking brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their personal financial goals. We make direct investments in, and risk manage, a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. And we help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital.
Digital Finance Description
Digital Finance, a business unit within CCBD, is comprised of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses, which include the Marcus deposits and lending businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 148-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
You will be a passionate Line 1 Quality Assurance Vice President, who will oversee our Deposits business first line of defense testing and monitoring team. You will help ensure process-level risks and controls are closely managed to prevent and minimize risk in the business.
You will be results-driven certified, Six Sigma (preferred) expert in leading teams through structuring and solving challenging, complex issues and change management.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Your Responsibilities
In this role you will ultimately lead the Quality Assurance Team as a first line of defense for Marcus US Deposits. You will:
- Assess and manage risk, including testing and monitoring of regulatory, policy and process compliance
- Work closely with process owners to review processes and identify risks and controls
- Lead the administration of functional risk assessments and testing lifecycles of business policies and procedures for control effectiveness, while creating and maintaining relevant documentation
- Gather and synthesize data to determine root causes and trends related to testing failures
- Propose effective and efficient methods to enhance testing and sampling strategies (including automation) to ensure the most effective risk detection, analyses and control solutions
- Proactively identify potential business risks, process deficiencies and improvement opportunities and make recommendations for additional controls and corrective action to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of risk mitigation processes
- Maintain effective communication with process owners and support teams to remediate testing errors and assist with implementation of corrective actions related to testing fails and non-compliance with policies and procedures
- Lead and deliver executive reporting and other data-driven deliverables, with a focus on providing appropriate content, context and structure in a precise and timely manner
- Focus on continuous improvement and evolution to meet changing requirements to support maximum visibility to the executive audience
- Engage in effective challenge to ensure robust risk management
- Work closely with enterprise risk teams to ensure business line risks are being shared and rolled up to firm-wide risk summaries
- Experience in leading first line of defense teams within a retail banking environment
- Strong Risk Assessment Framework knowledge and experience performing risk assessments covering key risks and controls
- Experience in governance road mapping, operations monitoring and testing planning
- Genuine excitement and passion for leading root cause analysis, troubleshooting technical process failures and implementing fixes to operationalize a process
- Degree qualified in a related field
- Demonstrated advanced analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Adaptable to change, with experience in Agile or Scrum development processes
- Prior operations experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Savings - Deposit Operations - Operational Risk/Quality Assurance Vice President - Chicago, IL