Consumer Finance - Head of Social Media Strategy- Vice President - New
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Goldman Sachs USA
Consumer and Commercial Banking brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their personal financial goals. We make direct investments in, as well as risk manage, a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. And we help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital.
Digital Finance Description
Digital Finance, a business unit within CCBD, is comprised of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses, which include the Marcus deposits and lending businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 149-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS This role is part of the Brand Team responsible for building the next great consumer brand. We are looking for a leader who knows social media who has a track record of success and a key social media strategist who can help us meet our objectives.
- Responsible for translating business and brand objectives into social strategies
- Maintain the social media editorial calendar
- Develop social content across all channels by working with editorial team and other internal and external stakeholders; responsible for the development of tentpole social-only campaigns / ideas and content to amplify integrated brand campaigns
- Develop partnerships and distribution opportunities
- Protect and enhance the Marcus brand by monitoring social conversations, trending stories and industry news; develop opportunistic content as appropriate
- Use data and industry trends to develop simple, powerful insights that drive our social strategy and engage leadership
- Have a deep understanding of the Marcus by Goldman Sachs brand voice and tone
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with multiple vendors
- Partner with engineering and others to onboard new platforms; ensure the accurate and timely capture of data for retention purposes
- 6+ years of experience in social media marketing with a history of success building campaigns, engagement and organic follower growth
- Experience managing and innovating social media platforms in highly regulated industries such as financial services, healthcare and pharmaceuticals a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams, especially with colleagues from servicing, compliance, technology, acquisition and advertising agencies
- Comfortable in an entrepreneurial, fast-moving environment with shifting priorities
- Strategic thinker, able to actively contribute to brainstorming and planning
- Highly self-directed and resourceful with the ability to work independently
- Strong judgment and an effective manager of reputational risk
- Avid consumer of media, especially digital and social media
- Strong writing, editing and project management skills
- Advanced knowledge in social media management tools
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in social media measurement and supporting technologies. Ability to translate analytics into action-based insights reporting.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Consumer Finance - Head of Social Media Strategy- Vice President - New York City