Credit Risk Management - VP, Corporates (Natural Resources) # 116318
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Credit Suisse -
Credit Suisse's Corporate Credit Risk Management (CRM) team in North America partners with key partners throughout the Bank to meet business demands and an evolving regulatory environment in the US.
You are a Vice President-level individual to assist a Director in running underwriting proposals through the credit approval process and provide senior mentorship in monitoring of a portfolio of assigned counterparties within the Natural Resources industry verticals.
- Underwriting: Responsibility for assisting Director in leading transaction requests within the Energy & Natural Resources industry verticals including underwritten, best efforts and relationship loans. Additional responsibility includes approval of other counterparty credit requests including derivative, margin loan and other related industry credit extensions. Assist with handling communication flow with senior members of transaction teams regarding due diligence, process and approvals.
- Credit Monitoring: Ensure ongoing monitoring analyses and documents - including any Shared National Credit exam-specific documents - are prepared to a high quality standard and archived aligned with approved CS Policies and Procedures. Assist Director in identifying counterparties with deteriorating credit trends, perform monthly re-assessments of credit and regulatory ratings, document proposed rating changes, recommend counterparties for addition/removal from watch lists, and raise specific credit concerns.
- Management of Underwriting/Monitoring Process:
- Prioritize, supervise and guide work of Junior Credit Analysts within the team.
- Prepare credit pages for leveraged loan memoranda and participate in the due diligence process.
- Ensure underwriting memoranda documentation and all ongoing monitoring documentation are prepared and archived in a manner consistent with approved CS Policies and Procedures.
- Document all deviations from established underwriting standards and ensure appropriate escalation procedures are followed when underwriting standard thresholds are expected to be breached.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- Do you have a minimum of 5 years of related credit underwriting experience within a wholesale banking organization?
- You have at least 4 years of experience covering Oil & Gas sub-sectors and loan products, specifically Exploration & Production and Reserve-Based Loans.
- You bring prior experience with Exploration & Production Lending and/or Workouts and/or technical expertise in Oil & Gas engineering, which is preferable.
- Can you show expertise in negotiating credit and trading terms/documentation?
- You hold a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting / Finance / Economics.
- You bring strong analytical and writing skills.
- You possess strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- You have the ability to work on a team under demanding deadlines.
- Are you able to succinctly communicate with and present to senior managers?
- You show strong motivation and able to deliver quality work products with minimal direct supervision.
- You bring experience in mentoring and/or supervising junior team members.
Credit Suisse -
Deutsche Bank - US
Credit Suisse -