First Line of Defense Support # 120352
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Credit Suisse -
First Line of Defense Support (FLDS) is a specialist team operating within the central executive COO function. FLDS as part of the First Line of Defense (1LoD) is aligned with the businesses, providing central oversight for Front Office (FO) Operational Risk and Control Framework activities, including design, implementation, ongoing monitoring/reporting, and testing/validation of FO Supervisory and Operational Controls. This is a challenging and demanding role in a dynamic area of our business.
- Lead, advise, challenge, and support the Front, Middle and Back Office regarding risk management activities. Call out any material operational risk issues and incidents to functional management and/or the relevant operational risk governance forum. Perform independent review and quality assurance on controls/processes.
- Coordinate agenda, information, and reports for risk committees and management oversight.
- Support the Americas FLDS lead. Liaise with Divisional FLDS and FLDS teams in other regions.
- Work with Action Owners to ensure full and timely closure of risk mitigation actions. Perform read-across analysis on issues identified in one business unit for applicability to others.
- Handle reporting of incidents to ensure clear and sufficient information is recorded, including the root cause and risk classification. Provide training and support to incident owners, ensuring risk incidents are identified, reported, assessed, and mitigated appropriately.
- In response to material operational risk events, whether internal or external, support independent Loss Investigation Reviews (LIR) to figure out root cause(s), assess control environment, escalate issues and identify/monitor remedial actions to mitigate against the risk of future losses.
- Report and monitor operational risk Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) at the product line and divisional levels; continuously improve existing body of KRIs and related reporting. Work with Divisional FLDS and 2LoD to standardizing KRIs.
- Develop proficiency in the input and reporting functions of the control system (MICOS).
- Lead or participate in project work (this is an on-going requirement).
- Ability to engage and influence.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deliver to established timeframes.
- Drive to deliver independently to high quality standards; eagerness to learn.
- Must have knowledge of Asset Management and previous experience in a risk discipline (e.g. Internal Audit, Compliance, Operational Risk, or Controls)
- Excellent verbal and writing skills - candidate will be expected to articulate complex risk issues in a structured, concise, and effective manner
- A Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting discipline. Further relevant qualifications such as CFA, ACA, CPA, Six Sigma, or MBA desirable.
- Extraordinary analytical skills - above average Excel expertise a plus.
- Enthusiasm to build professional relationships at all levels within the firm.
- Previous people management a plus.