Vice President, Senior Manager - Performance Management
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Citi-US
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID:
Citi's Performance Management (PM) team works with a number of internal partner groups to embed a focus on enabling managers and employees to perform at their highest level. The Senior PM Manager is responsible for the cyclical activities related to the annual performance management process including: researching and benchmarking external best and emerging practices related to PM and feedback, contributing to the future roadmap of PM at Citi, partnering with Global Public Affairs on all manager and employee communications and partnering with the Global Diversity and Talent Management team to embed key concepts. This role will also be responsible for ensuring high quality learning resources are available to support managers and employees through the performance process and conversations, as well as serve as a contributing member to the Citi for You design and content team.
- Influence Citi's global PM strategy by actively engaging with research partners and benchmarking with other financial and non-financial institutions to stay abreast of best and emerging practices.
- Contribute to Workday Community brainstorms and forums to influence the future roadmap of the platform. Understand functionality changes available via Workday releases and identify any change impacts to performance and talent management processes.
- Collaborate with Citi's businesses and functions to identify and implement process improvements and action plans to enhance the adoption of performance management best practices throughout Citi while also building manager capability.
- Lead the development of cyclical PM communications, provide content and guidance for partners publishing performance related topics through various channels (e.g. manager newsletter, Citi for You, business or functional specific communications). Ensure key messages and content reinforce Citi's holistic view of talent management and all key stakeholders (senior leaders, people managers, employees and HR) are well informed about activities, key dates and process expectations.
- With Citi Learning partners, drive the development of job aids, training content and other learning resources to up-skill people managers and employees on PM best practices. Collaborate with the learning and development team to ensure critical talent and PM skills are embedded in the leadership pipeline curriculum and are supplemented, as necessary, with additional training.
- Partner with global talent and PM leads to manage business specific initiatives and maintain firm wide consistency in evaluation practices. This includes advising and consulting on business specific practices and communicating with the regional HR partners to ensure a smooth global implementation. Understand global and local regulations and policies that impact performance and feedback processes.
- Excellent ability to develop partnerships and collaborate across complex organization
- Strong ability to interact with and influence senior management
- Inclusive leaders who values creativity and incorporates diverse perspectives in decision making
- Excellent organizational, planning, prioritization and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills, including the ability to get partners to make decisions and/or take action
- Strong executive presence
- Strong team orientation
- Ability to adapt to rapidly evolving and changing priorities; resilient and flexible
- Ability to proactively mitigate risk and overcome anticipated barriers to implementing solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Learning, Human Resources, Organizational Development or related field (Masters preferred)
- 7 - 10 years' experience in Human Resources
- Knowledge of and/or exposure within performance management a plus
- Experience in large, matrixed and multinational organizations is preferred