CMO - Transportation Associate/VP
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Citi-US
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Institutional Banking
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID:
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Global Structured Transportation (GST) business is an integral component of the Global Structured Debt team within CMO (Capital Markets Origination). GST focuses on the monetization of cash flow streams associated with transportation assets (primarily aviation, rail and shipping) and financings across the entire capital structure of these assets.
Global Structured Debt:
We are dedicated to structuring bespoke financing solutions and private placements for the fixed income markets, through the origination, structuring and placement of such securities across the capital structure and on a global basis across all industries. These securities provide solutions to the complex corporate finance problems and specialized funding needs facing our clients by combining structuring, risk transfer and execution expertise with in-depth knowledge of regulatory, tax, rating agency and accounting treatments. Transactions result in the structuring and placement of senior debt, subordinated debt, mezzanine and equity financings to sophisticated institutional investors. Transactions require the integration of efforts across multiple product platforms. Structured transactions involving the securitization/monetization of cash flow streams associated with renewable energy, infrastructure, oil & gas projects and transportation assets (primarily aviation, rail and shipping) comprise approximately half of the Group's business. In addition to broad industry coverage, we have a deep client base operating throughout the world. We are based in New York, London and Hong Kong.
- Work collaboratively with a transaction team responsible for the origination and execution of structured financings
- Work closely with applicable industry bankers to identify and originate financing and advisory situations that meet certain target market and capital returns criteria
- Financial modeling and execution of applicable debt financing structures for distribution in the capital markets and/or loan syndication market
- Perform a robust credit analysis with respect to each situation for purposes of seeking (as applicable) internal credit approval consistent with Citi's credit standards and capital return requirements
- As applicable, develop and present presentations on a particular transaction to one or more rating agencies for the purpose of procuring a credit rating
- Together with the applicable syndicate desk, interface with certain institutional investors for the purpose of syndicating/distributing risk
- Work with the transaction team in managing applicable franchise, reputational or underwriting risk with respect to each specific situation
- Undergraduate degree
- Strong analytical, credit and communication skills
- Some experience with financial modeling helpful
- Proactive disposition with strong interpersonal skills