VP, Modeling, Scoring, and Analysis Manager (New Vendors)
Posted on Dec 16, 2018 by Citi-US
- Primary Location: United States,Delaware,Wilmington
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID:
Branded Cards North America (N.A.) is one of the premier market leaders in the credit card industry. With a pre-eminent global brand and distribution, Branded Cards N.A. maintains its leadership position by delivering industry-leading products, advanced services and payment systems that address clients' evolving needs.
The individual will be a part of Citi Branded Cards Risk Modeling group, responsible for driving onboarding of new capabilities. The person will be responsible for working with several external vendors to understand the solutions, identify potential benefits to Citi risk team, ideate and conceptualize Proof of concepts, work with procurement, technology, legal and compliance to onboard and conduct Proof of Concepts. Proof of concepts involve evaluating new data sources, new methodology offerings as well as new technology driven analytical capabilities. The candidate is supposed to ideate, execute and document modeling solutions where deemed necessary such as in case of using alternative data and machine learning. Candidate will be required to interact with key stakeholders on day to day basis in order to update the progress, gather feedback and perform the required analysis. Candidate is expected to develop strong understanding of modeling, stakeholder management and details of regulatory requirements, both internal as well as FRB (Federal Reserve Board).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Onboarding, Proof of Concept conceptualization and Evaluation of Alternative data and other new analytical solutions
- Model development, validation, deployment and documentation efforts.
- Ensure the compliance of development and validation of models with respect to internal and external policies and guidelines.
- Work with multiple stakeholders including Vendors, Procurement, Risk Policy, Marketing, Model Risk Management, Technology, Legal and Compliance in the execution of models
- Interact with all levels of management to facilitate understanding of new capabilities/solutions and usage, provide recommendations if any concerns and perform additional analysis if required.
- Provide leadership and guidance for junior modelers.
- Bachelor's Degree required in Data science, statistics, mathematics, engineering, physics, economics, or related quantitative discipline
- 4+ years relevant experience required (data science, statistical modeling), or 2+ years experience with Master's Degree or PhD
- Sound knowledge of machine learning techniques, statistical modeling concepts and industry best practices
- Advance knowledge of R and Python, base SAS and/or C programming in UNIX
- Proficient with MS Office suite
- Excellent quantitative and analytic skills; ability to derive patterns, trends and insights, and perform risk/reward trade-off analysis
- Experience with econometric and statistical modeling or application risk scoring
- Ability to build effective presentations to communicate analytical findings to a wide array of audiences that will facilitate understanding of model performance and usage.
- Effective cross-functional project, resource, and stakeholder management; effectively engage with internal audit and external regulators
- Ability to work and make decisions independently, and multi-task against tight deadlines
- Understanding of basic P&Ls of Cards business