Director, Head of Model Risk Analytics & Data Governance
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Citi-US
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID:
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The head of model risk analytics reports to the head of model risk management inventory and transformation and leads the group responsible for analyze data from model inventory for model risk management as well as the model inventory data governance. Key responsibilities of the role include to:
- Analyze model inventory data to provide information for managing model risk including detection of early warning of any potential breaches of thresholds that may exceed Citi's model risk appetite, monitoring validation cycle and measuring the effectiveness of controls in the key model risk management processes (i.e. limitation, policy exception and etc.)
- Design and prototype model risk management reports and overseeing the production of monthly/quarterly reports to Board of Directors and other senior management
- Specify business requirement and champion cross-functional efforts to develop model risk reporting platform and solutions
- Develop and maintain data dictionary for model inventory critical data element
- Partner with the head of model inventory data quality and the head of model inventory system initiative by delivering continuous data/process improvements and providing analytical expertise in various model risks management initiatives
- 10 years + experience in the financial services industry
- Bachelors' degree in quantitative fields (I.e. mathematics, statistics, finance, econometrics, computer science and information system). Master's degree preferred.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills. Prior experience working in similar role in model risk management is preferred
- Extensive experience in leading cross functional projects within business, PMO and technology on system enhancement or process design or database design
- Expertise in data analytics techniques to turn data mining into meaningful insights for driving model risk management decisions
- Strong execution to deliver analytical solution in fast pacing and dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish partnership and to drive cross functional projects
Morgan Stanley USA
Morgan Stanley USA
Morgan Stanley USA