Retail Services - Business Operations - VP, Governance Program Manager
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Citi-US
- Primary Location: United States,Illinois,Elk Grove Village
- Other Location: United States,Georgia,Atlanta
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Marketing
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID:
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
This role partners with the Citi Business analytics teams, Control and Compliance and the Operational Risk Management community with regard to requests for detailed information related to Retail Services Business Operations processes, control and risk assessment identification of day-to-day activities and the governance of its key processes within this framework. The core responsibilities for Business Operations Governance activities, including audit responses, Management Control Assessments (MCA) coordination, Corrective Action Plan (CAP) and Issue remediation oversight of processes, escalation protocol to Senior Leadership Team, effective communication of overall operational health of analytics landscape within Citi Retail Services Business Operations are included within the role. This position leverages a team-wide perspective to ensure that the function is delivering on Citi policy, business control oversight expectations, legal and regulatory requirements in an effective and efficient manner across the Citi Retail Services Business Operations team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work directly with the Business Operations Governance SVP, who serves as the central point of contact for the Citi Control, Compliance and Operational Risk Management teams into the Citi Retail Services Business Operations organization.
- Support the Business Operations department's activities related to satisfying Manager's Control Assessment, Internal Audit processes, OCC Reviews, Horizontal Business Reviews, mitigation and monitoring of CAP items, Regulatory Control matrix updates, Compliance Review testing team support and annual site reviews.
- Collaborate with and assist other Citi business units with accessibility program management and governance
- Identify appropriate contacts / resources within business teams to deliver on information or documentation requests in response to internal or external reviews or monitoring activities; monitor and follow-up on requests until satisfied.
- Think strategically about control oversight and influence team members to implement improvements, for example: making the case for more uniform processes where appropriate, exploring more efficient ways to satisfy Compliance requirements.
- Assist with communicating findings and results of reviews and monitoring activities to the function so the team can apply learning and improve.
- Investigate quality of record keeping.
- Working knowledge of in-business control oversight and compliance functions/responsibilities as it relates to a more technical and analytics landscape.
- Proactively provide insight into enhancing existing policies, procedures and processes on a continuous basis.
- Working knowledge of compliance and financial industry functions/responsibilities strongly preferred
- Experience with analytics database, SAS coding processes and systems, a plus (5 years)
- Proficient in Microsoft office tools, including PowerPoint, SharePoint and Excel
- Keen expertise on control oversight expectations of business rules and regulatory aspects of Anti-Money Laundering in the analytics space, End User Computing business rules, Know Your Customer regulation
- Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
- Exceptional process management skills, ability to meet deadlines, and a strong attention to detail
- Strong collaboration, teamwork and influencing skills are required
- Ability to thrive in a high pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability with following through on process improvements
- Ability to develop and present information to internal and external parties in a clear and concise manner
- Bachelor's degree preferred