Head of Compensation - Banking, Capital Markets & Advisory (BCMA)
Posted on Dec 16, 2018 by Citi-US
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID:
As one of the Institutional Clients Group's (ICG) primary business units, Banking, Capital Markets & Advisory (BCMA) provides the relationship coverage service that ensures that ICG is client driven. Our bankers are accountable for delivering Citi's global capabilities in a holistic manner and are able to originate and orchestrate the execution of comprehensive financial advisory, capital raising, treasury/trade management solutions, and provide securities and fund services to our clients wherever they choose to compete around the world.
This position will be responsible for leading the compensation function globally for BCMA. The focus of the role is to provide strategic compensation advisory support for the business. Responsibilities include senior management consultation, the ongoing management of operational compensation processes and discretionary incentive programs, and maintaining compliance with all regulatory requirements. Strong advisory and leadership skills, adaptability to change and handling shifting priorities based upon the needs of the business, and a strong international network in Citi are key requirements for the role.
- Act as a trusted partner providing superior strategic compensation advice to the senior management and HR for BCMA. Use knowledge of both internal and external compensation practices to drive value for clients; anticipate changes and provide innovative solutions to address the client's needs.
- Foster close, collaborative working relationships within global, regional and local, HR and compensation teams to ensure consistency of approach and processes for BCMA globally.
- Manage the planning and execution of compensation strategies that are consistent with Citi's total compensation philosophy, support business goals, promote a pay for performance, ensure regulatory compliance, and are competitive within the industry.
- Work closely with the business, HR partners, and compensation teams globally to deliver all aspects of the compensation function including market data analysis, performance management, regulatory compliance, incentive compensation and salary planning, and managing the year-end process.
- Effective management of the year-end compensation process is critical; this includes the ability to work with the clients to assess financial performance and market positioning in making recommendations on incentive compensation pool allocations.
- Responsible for all aspects of managing a team of compensation professionals, including; leading, developing and training, so that appropriate compensation support is provided to the business based upon its strategies and requirements.
- Play a lead role on the ICG compensation leadership team working with key partners on strategic requirements such as supporting the development of standards and tools, improved processes and reporting capability, and professional development for staff.
- Well-developed advisory, relationship management, consultative and problem-solving skills, personally committed to the delivery of exceptional results.
- Excellent communication skills; able to provide advice to key stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- The ability to utilize professionalism, executive presence, confidence, humility and an entrepreneurial focus to support achieving business results.
- Able to influence effectively; gain support for new ideas and approaches across multiple stakeholders with varying agendas and shifting priorities.
- Ability to gain the confidence and trust of others through consistent behavior, high integrity and sound business ethics.
- Strategic thought leader who is able to implement flawlessly in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with a broad constituency across the company and globe that includes line managers, finance professionals, HR and other compensation professionals.
- Strong people leader with the ability to set clear priorities for the team, while providing constructive feedback and coaching to enhance performance and develop talent.
- Highly developed technical compensation skills as well as a solid understanding of and facility with various Citi HR systems.
- Decisive, capable of thinking through and trouble-shooting nuanced and complex situations.
Knowledge / Experience / Technical Competencies:
- Minimum of 10+ years of HR leadership / business experience.
- Proven track record in creating and leading strategic compensation initiatives.
- Business driven, with well-developed change leader skill set.
- Prior success navigating complex organizations spanning multiple businesses and geographies.
- A pragmatic risk taker who challenges conventional strategies marrying innovation and creativity with a solid business acumen in order to pursue "best-in-class" practices.
- Perform with a sense of urgency without compromising on excellence with a strong commitment to achieving results.
- Bachelors Degree required.
Morgan Stanley USA
The Forum Group
The Forum Group