Global Spread Products - Municipal Quant Trading - Associate
Posted on Dec 19, 2018 by Citi-US
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Trading
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID:
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi's Municipal Securities Division is the leading franchise in the U.S. Public finance space, dominating in both origination and capital markets for the last 15 years. The quantitative analyst would be part of the Derivatives and Quantitative trading desk, which provides liquidity to Citi's customers on derivatives and bonds with a quantitative approach. The analyst would be sitting right next to the traders, on the municipal trading floor. The team is currently composed of two traders and one analyst. The individual must be a self-motivated, logical and analytical thinker, who is comfortable performing statistical analysis on various instruments (Bonds, Municipal/Rates/Credit derivatives etc). Strong communicative abilities, written and oral, and the capacity to express complex ideas in a concise fashion are critical. The available position is located in New York.
Job Overview and Key Responsibilities
- Maintain and continue to develop existing quantitative systematic trading models
- Help drive revenue by seeking new opportunities in the markets and build new strategies
- Improve the desk's hedging strategies
- Perform ad hoc statistical analysis to help the trading desk position and mitigate risk
- Maintain and expand the current existing set of Relative Value tools used by the derivatives desk and other trading desks in the division
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master's degree in a quantitative discipline preferred (Statistics/Mathematics/Engineering)
- Successful candidate will be highly motivated, detail-oriented, and will have a strong ability to prioritize the different tasks and meet deadlines
- Prior experience in fixed income is a plus, but not necessary
- Proficiency in basic Statistics is required
- Passion for markets and trading is required
- Team-oriented mentality
- Exceptional communicative abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to establish relationships and partner effectively with sales, trading and operations
- Ability to program in analytic languages (R, Python, VBA) and work with databases (SQL)