Head of Cross Asset Advisory - Americas
Posted on Dec 19, 2018 by Citi-US
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Private Client Product Mgmt
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID:
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Brief Description of the Organization CBNA is the primary legal entity for Citi, providing products and services to consumers, financial institutions and corporate clients around the world. In the past, Citi has provided most of its internal reporting on a business by business basis. With the changes in the regulatory environment, strong legal entity reporting and governance has become essential. This team is responsible for ensuring that CBNA has the appropriate governance and control infrastructure to meet the demand for legal entity planning, execution, information management and the ever-evolving regulatory environment.
Description of the Position
The Citi Cross Asset Advisory (CAA) Team seeks to provide timely markets coverage across all asset classes, and opportunistic ideas to Family Offices and Ultra High Net Worth Clients of the Private Bank. The team delivers clients the market depth, access, global reach, and capabilities of the Capital Markets platform.
The Head of the Cross Asset Advisory Team will manage the team of specialists and also cover their own dedicated clients. They will need wide-ranging expertise and experience in multiple asset classes including Equities, Fixed Income, Commodities and Currencies as well as experience in derivatives/structured products and global markets. The global presence of Citi Institutional Clients Group allows the team to provide global perspective, with regional insight, and access to dedicated research analysts and execution in several markets worldwide.
• Provide high skilled investment advice to active and sophisticated ultra-high net worth clients, via a frequent dialogue (oftentimes daily)
• Build up a strong knowledge base of cross-asset class investment solutions, as well as an understanding of how we construct and manage portfolios
• Execute trades in brokerage accounts across all asset classes (equities, fixed income, fx, commodities, rates, and derivatives)
• Be responsible for developing and executing together with the support of the broader investments team, the investment plan for the clients, delivering strong results
• Managing the team and developing strategy for the group.
• Partner with Bankers and Investment Counselors across the Americas to cover the clients and develop new business.
We seek candidates with strong sales and analytical skills who can use both qualitative and quantitative tools to analyze complex financial situations. Candidates must demonstrate an interest, knowledge, experience and expertise in financial markets, as well as possessing excellent analytical, organizational, communication, leadership, teamwork and interpersonal skills. We also seek someone with the initiative, energy, and confidence to achieve strong business results. Judgment and discretion in working with highly confidential information are also critical. Candidate must be capable of multi-tasking in a fast paced environment.
• Seven plus years' experience in institutional capital markets sales and/or client coverage OR investment advisory with experience across various asset classes
• 3+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience
• Bachelor's degree required; MBA or CFA preferred
• Experience in covering Private Clients (specifically the Ultra High Net Worth / Family Office client base).
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills with familiarity of working with large amounts of data
• Strong analytical & problem solving skills. Ability to identify problems and propose solutions to improve the client experience as well as the overall platform (technology/infrastructure)
• Strong teamwork, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Energetic and motivated personality, with the willingness to take the initiative where appropriate
• Strong time management and organizational skills, with the ability to meet deadlines successfully
• Ability to perform well under pressure and successfully manage several projects at a time
• Spanish/Portuguese Language Skills a plus
• Licenses 7, 66 required for the position Head of Cross Asset Advisory - Americas