Client Communications Manager, Index Governance
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by S&P Global
The Role: Client Communications Manager, Index Governance
The Location: New York, NY
The Team: S&P Dow Jones Indices ("S&P DJI") is seeking a candidate to join the Index Governance - Client Communications Team in our New York office. The team, which is a segment of the Governance Function of the Index Management and Production Group, strives to provide the highest level of service to index clients with the ultimate goal of improving the client experience while maintaining adherence to S&P DJI's core values, policies, and procedures.
The Impact: The position will focus on enhancing the quality and consistency of responses to inbound custom client inquiries (primarily email) regarding S&P DJI's custom index calculations and data services. It seeks to identify opportunities to proactively engage with custom clients regarding service changes and consultations. The role further aims to ensure the client perspective is considered throughout operational decisions while working internally with the Index Management Teams.
- Answer inquiries from clients regarding data dissemination including content, file formats, and timing.
- Respond to requests regarding index corporate action treatments and index methodologies in a timely manner and in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Compile data requests for clients.
- Perform outreach and coordinate with clients on transitions to new files, file formats, etc.
- Proactively identify instances where a client call would add value and coordinate, as needed, with internal stakeholders.
- Schedule periodic calls and outreach for strategic clients.
- Develop into a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on S&P DJI's index products and services.
- Ensure clients are knowledgeable on the data services (file delivery, file format, SLAs) and resources (file specifications, platform user guides) available to them.
- Play a key role in the launch of new indices and provide onboarding services to educate new clients on S&P DJI's services and resources.
- Identify appropriate opportunities to draft and disseminate client communications in line with compliance and standardization guidelines.
- Ensure client communications and incidents are logged in Salesforce to be used in incident and inquiry trend analysis.
- Review incidents with Management and Index Managers help identify opportunities for improvement in processes, services, and support that will enhance the client experience.
- Identify opportunities to streamline workflows and processes to improve operational efficiencies.
- Lead and coordinate efforts for ad-hoc projects and company initiatives as needed.
What We're Looking For:
- At least 2+ years of experience working with indices or index related data preferred. Client relationship/support experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience. Advanced degree in business, economics, or finance preferred.
- The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, resourceful, and detail oriented with excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must be a bright and enthusiastic self-starter who can liaise with SMEs as needed to efficiently and successfully resolve client inquiries.
- Advanced analytical capabilities and problem-solving skills required to ensure proper identification of a client's core question and appropriately respond with solutions where applicable.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills needed; must be able to communicate complex concepts simply.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel is essential. Must have the ability to demonstrate use of Excel functionality such as vlookup and pivot tables.
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit .
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law
Poster describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Client Communications Manager, Index Governance