Senior Learning Advisor - Early Career Learning & Development
Posted on Dec 16, 2018 by Citi-US
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID:
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi Learning works to drive business performance by connecting employees with relevant and innovative learning experiences when and where they need them.
The Senior Learning Advisor is the main point of accountability for the global Early Career Learning organization on all matters related to learning and development for the Citi-wide Early Career population of Analysts and Associates. This includes partnering with global, regional and local stakeholders from across HR as well as from each business line at Citi that participates in the formal global enterprise-wide Analyst and Associate programs (currently 23).
In that capacity the Senior Learning Advisor works across the organization to set the macro Early Career Learning Strategy in close collaboration with the broader Early Career Talent Strategy and assesses the broad and distinct needs of the organization and each business line in order to execute on a comprehensive learning agenda across the Induction, Continuous Learning and Manager Capability aspects of the portfolio, including measuring the impact of the learning for each individual participant and the organization.
The Senior Learning Advisor is also responsible for overseeing the operational execution of a complex program delivery structure, technology platform, vendor management and the redesign of how that occurs in partnership with our colleagues in the Global Event Marketing organization.
- Develops and executes learning and development strategy including: design and development of the broad Early Career programs including setting foundational policies and designing enterprise wide global curricula which includes the assessment and reengineering of existing programs, analysis of gaps and the development of a comprehensive learning experience that will provide continuous learning and development opportunities throughout various stages of the Analyst and Associate's early career.
- Employs blended instructional technology and solutions; including traditional classroom, web-based, adaptive, and other forms of blended learning.
- Identifies strategies and solutions that are directly linked to organizational and business goals by establishing and maintaining partnerships with key business leaders, SMEs, and vendors to identify and drive performance improvement change.
- Continuously updates and enhances existing programs using sound performance diagnostic techniques and taking into account new delivery methods and solutions.
- Partners with business leadership teams to ensure learning solutions and programs support business drivers and strategy.
- Proactively collaborates with the regional Graduate Recruitment and Program Management teams and regional Learning teams and partners with all global colleagues responsible for overseeing the Analysts and Associates in each business.
- Develops and implements consistent methods and metrics to measure the effectiveness of training (i.e., strategies to measure return on investment) and employs modern reporting and analytical techniques to predict future needs and opportunities.
- Creates sound maintenance plans to keep programs current with changing business strategy and business needs, content design and development needs, logistical/vendor management initiatives and learning technologies.
- Manages a global team of learning professionals and project coordinators
- Collaborates with Human Resource Generalists, Compensation, Staffing & Recruiting, Talent Planning and Diversity.
- Identifies strategies and solutions that are directly linked to organizational and business goals by establishing and maintaining partnerships with key business leaders, SMEs, and vendors to identify and drive performance
- Provides management and consulting services in the area of organizational effectiveness and business performance improvement.
- Maintains and ensure accuracy of all Learning related information (i.e. website info, participation, cancellation rates, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Learning, Human Resources, Organizational Development or related field (Masters preferred)
- 10+ years' experience in Human Resources within the financial services industry or other related field
- Knowledge of and/or exposure within Financial Services functions and technical expertise is a plus
- Breadth of experience in needs assessments, instructional design, and delivery for multiple modalities (e.g., classroom, self-paced, virtual)
- Experience in large, matrixes and a multinational organization is preferred
- Excellent ability to develop partnerships and collaborate across complex organization
- Strong ability to interact with and influence senior management
- Excellent organizational, planning, prioritization and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Extensive facilitation experience and strong executive presence
- Strong team orientation
- Experience creating and managing a global budget
- Proven ability to align strategic and operational needs with training programs and organizational development efforts