SALES SPECIALIST, METALS
Posted on Dec 18, 2018 by S&P Global
The Role: The Commodities Sales Specialist - Metals is responsible for the customer experience and revenue growth of Platts Metals bank of business. This requires close co-ordination with Commercial team, Sales Specialist team, Channel Partners, Marketing team, Client Services, Content team and Product team. The key objectives of this role are to grow new and existing Metals customers through market engagement, sales capability building, bringing customer insights into product development and thoughtful market targeting. As a "sell-through" role, the Commodity Specialist, Metals will work alongside others to drive their success in Metals markets.
The Impact: This position will be primarily responsible for achieving net-sales and customer experience targets for Metals across the Commercial team in the Americas. The role is also required to develop and execute a revenue growth strategy for Metals in the Americas, in line with the Platts strategy.
- Serve as the primary internal and external resource for S&P Global Platts Metals offerings, preparing client presentations as required
- Continuous investigative and collaborative contact with customers to gather strategic information about their business, understand their issues, and provide solutions
- Act as a broker of Metals products or services for client, advocate internally and facilitate the involvement of sales and other functions to achieve common goals for the client and for Platts
- Understand the client usage of product/services and help define potential use cases or enhancements of new products to benefit client
- Monitor and report on the experience between S&P Global Platts Metals offerings and clients
- Promote non benchmark services and identify new product development needs by working across functions within the customer's organization to understand their needs and contribute relevant input to product launch and marketing plans
- Seek out cross and up selling opportunities
- Provide customer contacts throughout the customer organization to drive interest in trials and demonstrations
- Collaborate closely with the Commercial Managers
- Provide status risk and opportunity, product development needs
- Update sales pipeline
- Monthly activity reporting
What We're Looking For:
- Minimum of 5-10 years of B2B sales and (preferably in Metals/commodity data trading, research, consulting or related industry) with a track-record of achieving revenue targets, developing new markets and maintaining a high-level of customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current metals events, trade issues and flows, emerging markets and major metals market players.
- Excellent communication and presentation (verbal/ written) skills, adds value to the relationship by distilling, summarizing, interpreting and communicating information to articulate Platts' value
- Superior customer relationship management skills, proven ability to develop relationships at multiple levels within accounts
- Ability to create and identify needs using consultative sales techniques to lead sales
- Experience with Oracle, CRM, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Some regional travel required
- Experience with Platts or Platts products
- Previous use of Reuters, Bloomberg, GlobalView, DTN or other real-time services
- Proven leadership in managing national accounts
- Understanding of the Platts metals assessment methodology
- Knowledge in technical analysis, forecasting, and trading strategies
- Understanding in supply/demand fundamentals, metals industry history, and infrastructure developments
SALES SPECIALIST, METALS