Citi Retail Services - Database Marketing Analyst
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by Citi-US
- Primary Location: United States,Illinois,Elk Grove Village
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Marketing
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID:
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels.
Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi Retail Services is one of North America's leading private label credit card issuers for numerous brand name partners providing full-service retail partnership, private label and co-brand credit card products, as well as value add services including loyalty solutions, data analytics, marketing and field services, digital capabilities, and risk management expertise.
The primary focus of the Database Marketing Analyst is directly contributing to the execution of marketing strategies leveraging functional specialties and best practices. They will have the opportunity to perform a wide variety of functions, including:
- Identify and segment campaign populations across multiple delivery channels (e.g. direct mail, email,
- statement, etc.)
- Execution of special projects to drive portfolio sales and revenue
- Debug, resolve and troubleshoot SAS and SQL code in an efficient manner in support of campaign delivery
- within specified project timelines
- Learn and leverage Citi's proprietary campaign automation tool to execute campaigns
The successful candidate has a broad knowledge of marketing execution best practices to drive portfolio sales and revenue. They must have a strong understanding of the technologies behind programming and the objectives in the execution of marketing campaigns including project and time management, and campaign creation and automation.
- Coding and execution of marketing campaigns using Citi's proprietary campaign execution tool
- Utilize scheduling tools in an effort to automate standard routines/activities to enhance department
- efficiencies while improving department operations
- Perform requirements analysis and provide recommendations to business contacts regarding
- infrastructure, operating guidelines and procedures, and audit and business reporting
- Execution of database concepts, mainframe and related systems in development of new processes, and
- MIS reporting
- Apply knowledge of UNIX and SAS for campaign selection, execution, sampling and reporting for legacy
- Maintain data security control practices and compliance
The ideal candidate has a proven history connecting programming with the execution of marketing campaigns. They are a nimble thinker, fast learner, and solutions-oriented collaborator. They thrive in an independent contributor role, highly analytical, proactive, and provides cross functional leadership.
- 3-5 years of experience in Project Management and Database Marketing
- B.S. or B.A. preferably in a math or computer science related field
- High-level of expertise in SAS is essential
- Experience with Unix and mainframe processing platforms
- Experience with SQL or other relevant tools
- Impeccable collaboration skills and ability to influence cross-functional partners without direct authority
- Experience using marketing data and analytics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely rigorous attention to detail
- Practical problem solving and strategic thinking
- Prior experience with Gemini/Encompass or other campaign management software is desirable