Sales Development Representative
Posted on Dec 16, 2018 by Moody's
The Sales Development Representative is responsible for cold call to set up meetings for the farmers and the hunters on the team.
- Drive sales growth by sourcing new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales professional for further development and closure
- Perform introductory online demos to prospects and educate them on the benefits of Moody's solutions
- Design and deploy focused sales campaigns aimed at expanding Moody's presence and brand in specific market niches
- Conduct research to develop target account contact information and account intelligence to generate an understanding of customer needs and requirements that can inform sales prospecting and/or marketing program strategies
- Bachelors' degree in finance, economics or related area required
- 0-3+ years' experience in a sales role within in a software/services organization
- Comfortable on the phone and managing objections
- Clear written communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to diagnose issues and develop solutions
- Ability to multi-task and to meet short deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, with focus and high attention to detail
- Motivated by goal attainment and performance measurement
- Proficiency with the Internet, MS Office, CRM applications
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at .
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email .. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
Sales Development Representative