Director, Accounting & Insurance Solutions
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Moody's
This role requires subject matter expertise and relevant work experience in the insurance and/or accounting field(s) and will focus on implementation of new accounting standards, specifically IFRS 9 / CECL and IFRS 17 / Targeted Improvements for Long Duration Contracts. Successful candidate will work to match Moody's capabilities with those of the client and advising the client on framework design, system components, integration, methodology choices and current accounting standard interpretation. The role will also require working with the pre-sales, product management, advisory/research, implementation services, partner firms, marketing teams and senior management to identify growth opportunities and develop outreach plans. Additionally, this position will represent the business at industry conferences and through written submissions to internal and outside publications.
- Take an active role in growing and managing business development around the new accounting standards, including IFRS 9, CECL, IFRS 17, and targeted improvements for long duration contracts by developing a network of client, partner, standard setter and regulatory relationships.
- Help to build a deep sales pipeline by working with the sales representatives to promote Moody's Analytics solutions.
- Write proposals that effectively communicate MA's capabilities and that help the client visualize a comprehensive solution.
- Advise on how best to incorporate existing client infrastructure and client developed tools or 3 rd party products into a comprehensive framework.
- Work closely with senior management to pinpoint specific growth opportunities and take the lead in owning the execution and results of the plan.
- Provide guidance, mentorship and leadership to the sales team, and actively participate in developing, shaping and growing the practice.
- Collaborate with the marketing to team to develop an outreach plan that will include social media, PR, conferences and event appearances, speaking engagements and a publication agenda.
- Represent the business at industry conferences and through written submissions to leading journals, newspapers and trade magazines.
- Identify areas where the company's capabilities could be complemented by entering into special agreements with other technology providers or market participants
- Identify opportunities, analyze risk/reward tradeoffs, screen candidates, build business cases and partake in negotiations
- Experience in accounting standard implementation at an insurance firm or audit firm; and/or
- Oversight or audit of allowance calculation at an insurance firm, within Risk or Accounting / Finance function.
- Track record of successfully developing a network of senior managers in the financial services industry and nurturing deep relationships with risk professionals.
- Experience in the publishing and delivery of thought leadership demonstrated in research, publications and speaking engagements.
- Familiarity with recent advances in credit risk measurement and management.
- Broad understanding of the competitive landscape for products and services targeted at insurance firms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with teams from different backgrounds and at all levels.
- Clear written and oral communication skills with an ability to communicate complex concepts to a senior audience.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) required.
- Graduate/second-level degree (e.g. MBA, Master's), or Ph.D. a plus.
- Solid understanding of accounting, insurance valuation and credit - CPA, FSA, or MAAA certification strongly preferred.
- 8-12 years of relevant professional experience, including 7+ years at a top-tier consulting firm, insurance firm or software company.
- Position requires approximately 50% travel.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at .
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email .. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
Director, Accounting & Insurance Solutions
MLB Advanced Media