Credit Product Specialist
Posted on Dec 16, 2018 by Moody's
- Meet or exceed assigned sales targets
- Provide pre-sales support in the form of presentations to prospective clients
- Work with generalist Relationship Managers in sourcing and qualifying new opportunities
- In conjunction with the relationship managers, cultivate existing relationships with clients, thereby helping reinforce the perception that Moody's Analytics is a premium brand in the credit risk arena
- Be able to explain the conceptual and practical value of our services to a wide variety of audiences (senior management, risk managers, credit analysts, portfolio managers, quantitative analysts, etc.)
- Attend and represent Moody's Analytics at various conferences related to credit risk
- Keep abreast of latest trends in the credit markets (products, structures, analytical frameworks, competitive products)
- Work with Product Strategy, Research, and Marketing groups to both give client and market feedback, as well as aid the product development process
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a related field (economics, finance, math/statistics/accounting); MBA and/or CFA a plus but not required
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in the financial markets
- Prior sales/client relationship management experience required; sales professionals should be from buy/sell side or other financial institution, or from a financial analytics or risk management vendor (i.e. not data/portal sales)
- Knowledge of, and/or experience in, commercial banking and/or the credit capital markets (bonds, credit derivatives, loans, CDOs) preferred
- Self-starter - proactive, detail-oriented, and diligent with regard to follow-up with prospects and clients; comfortable acting in a sales capacity
- Comfortable with quantitative concepts and models
- Outstanding presentation and oral communication skills, including to very senior audiences; comfortable speaking in front of large groups
- Ability, and desire, to learn complex products quickly
- Up to 25% travel required
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at .
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email .. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
Credit Product Specialist
Credit Suisse -
The Forum Group