Creative Content Writer
Posted on Dec 16, 2018 by Moody's
You have an entrepreneurial streak, like to move fast and get excited at the prospect of challenging yourself and those around you. You've already had success in your career, because you're not afraid to go out on a limb for what you believe and partly because you're tenacious.
Looking for an incredible, Content Writer with inbound marketing experience to own the majority of the writing for a line of business - Moody's Analytics Learning Solutions. You will be in charge of writing content that attracts site traffic, converts that traffic into new leads for the business, and helps nurture those leads to close into customers (responsibility of the sales team).
You will use your experience and expertise as a Content Writer to support various strategic marketing initiatives by developing effective and highly compelling content for marketing purposes. This requires both B2C and B2B content strategy experience.
As Content Writer, your work impacts many partners, is highly visible across various audience segments and represents the "voice" of our business, helping to shape our corporate identity and reputation, hence you must consistently meet or exceed a high standard of excellence.
- Lead by research and organizing facts and sources to create a content strategy for the line of business - Learning Solutions
- Create concise, eye-catching, and innovative, error-free copy/content that helps nurture leads as a part of the marketing funnel
- Write a wide variety of topics for multiple platforms with a clear understanding of our business and products (website, blogs, articles, social updates, banners, case studies, guides, white papers, press releases etc.). Follow all digital/ marketing best practices.
- Consistently brainstorm and collaborate with team for new ideas and strategies to write content that generates new leads and request for proposals across global markets
- Build a following for brand on social media with outstanding writing work, lead public relations and liaise with influencers to build on creative PR
- Research global markets and the finance industry to compare and create content that is innovative and original studying competition
- Collaborate with support/campaign marketing associates on the marketing team/creative team to align the content objectives with that of the overall business goals
- Interview subject matter experts, product owners, sales and customers (case studies/success stories)
- Closely follow product and creative briefs to support the various team partners and strategic marketing content initiatives including writing, video scripting, storytelling
- Work with communications team to develop press releases and strategize creative content (byline articles, advertorials amongst others)
- Ensure the accuracy of marketing communications through the reporting manager prior to dissemination of materials to other departments
- Edit marketing, sales materials, including brochures, all collaterals, PPT's, thought leadership pieces, advertising and promotional copy, newsletters that are consistent with the messaging, voice and brand of Moody's Analytics
- Other duties as required
- Effectively manage relationships with key stakeholders
- Facilitates and promote collaborative and productive working relationships as a member of the marketing team and within cross-functional project teams
- Mentor, coach and manage other staff members who have social media/content management roles (if applicable)
The Department / Team:
Moody's Analytics, a division of Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO), is the world's leading provider of credit analysis and related tools, including quantitative credit risk models, credit analysis software, portfolio management analytics, economic research, financial data, pricing and valuation services, and specialized consulting services. Moody's Analytics also distributes investor-oriented research and data developed by Moody's Investors Service as part of its rating process, including in-depth research on major debt issuers, industry studies, and commentary on topical events. The Moody's Analytics Financial Services Training and Certification business in Canada operates as the Canadian Securities Institute, the leading provider in Canada of financial learning, credentials and certification.
- University degree in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations, Journalism, English or a related discipline.
- Relevant writing/editing/proofreading courses or certification are an asset
- Minimum 5-8 years of marketing communications experience, preferably in an established marketing/financial services industry environment
- Experience writing for the web required
- Proven creative content writing skills
- Understanding of the marketing and sales process between clients to create appropriate and persuasive marketing communications is an asset
- Demonstrated success delivering multiple projects while balancing competing priorities with tight deadlines.
- Ability to proactively and individually source input materials and work with SMEs to develop required content
- Proficiency with content publishing platforms (if you have a profile on Contently, it will be a plus)
- Demonstrated skills in the creation and moderation of social network sites, content for social communities and/or groups
- Strategic thinking, including the ability to quickly identify and understand issues and opportunities
- Strong copywriting and editing background for web and digital channels
- Demonstrated skills in Content Management Platform, Social Media Applications (WordPress, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Linkedln and YouTube, amongst others) are required
- Must be a results-oriented, independent self-starter with a sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Financial content writing experience is definitely preferred
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at .
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email .. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
Creative Content Writer