Associate Director, Business Development
Posted on Dec 19, 2018 by Moody's
Moody's Analytics Knowledge Services (MAKS), a Moody's Analytics Company, is the leading provider of offshore research and analytics services to the global financial and corporate sectors.
Our clients include leading bulge-bracket financial institutions, Fortune 100 corporations and mid-tier companies. We support over 200 institutional clients through our team of 2500+ employees.
We have offices across the globe in US, UK, UAE, Hong Kong, Mauritius, India, Sri Lanka, China and Costa Rica.
MAKS' Corporate & Consulting division is a growth business for the firm. Our clients and target market are corporations and consulting firms. We help them create efficiency, drive high quality outputs, and save costs in their knowledge and research processes across the enterprise. We do this by providing high calibre teams from our knowledge centres in India, China, Sri Lanka and Costa Rica. We are looking for an experienced salesperson who has worked in Sales/Senior BD roles selling to Corporate and Consulting. Applicants should have good knowledge of strategic, enterprise selling, a track record building of revenue generation by leading the sales process end to end.
Excellent verbal and written presentation skills and strong negotiation skills are essential, as is the ability to build and establish long term relationships with clients. The role will require work undertaken both independently and as part of a team, so personal motivation and persistence as well as the ability to work collaboratively with global colleagues is critical.
- Run high quality enterprise sales cycles which includes:
- Identifying and initiating new sales opportunities by prospecting new clients
- Leveraging existing client relationships and networks to generate commercial interest
- Qualification and generating demand at clients and prospects
- Creating compelling value propositions mapped to client business needs
- Negotiating and Closing complex agreements.
- Own quota to be attained by selling to new client accounts and by leveraging earlier relationships for selling high value added services to corporations across sectors and consulting firms.
- Cross division selling to Strategy, Procurement, Sales & Marketing, investor Relations, Corporate Communications, Library Services/Knowledge, Corporate Development, M&A and other teams as appropriate
- Pitch at the COO / CFO levels to build a broad vision of outsourcing as a strategic and tactical initiative, with the ability to create compelling value proposition and business case for client stakeholders
- Ensure complete client coverage by leveraging the global delivery model and calling upon the support of subject matter specialists and pre-sales teams
- Provide accurate forecasts and pipeline information to management
- Meet established revenue targets, while creating new and enhanced customer relationships and ensuring client satisfaction
- Position requires travel
Moody's Analytics Knowledge Services (MAKS)
- Bachelors' degree (or equivalent) in Finance, Economics or related area is highly desirable
- Ability to source, identify and develop new business opportunities
- Ability to sell on a needs/solutions approach and ability to engage with senior business users, COO's, CIO's, Chief Credit Officers, CRO's, CCO's and Procurement Managers
- Ability to influence key decision makers during the full life cycle of the sales process
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills as well as outstanding client relationship management experience
- Experience in leading sales efforts, proposal development and closing deals
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to diagnose issues and develop solutions
- Ability to multi task and meet short deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, with focus and high attention to detail
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at .
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email .. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
Associate Director, Business Development