Sales Development Manager
Posted on Dec 16, 2018 by New York Life Insurance Company
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of .
New York Life's primary distribution channel is the career Agency sales force of more than 12,000 agents, operating in virtually every major city in the United States. Every agent is affiliated with one of our 117 General Offices. These offices are operated by Agency management teams responsible for agent and management recruiting, development, and sales. Approximately half our agents operate their businesses out of our General Offices, while the other half maintains independent office locations.
Our General Offices are divided up among four Zones. In addition to our Zone offices, an Agency Home Office team responsible for strategy, finance, administration, standards, training, marketing and communications supports our agents and field managers. The Agency operation also comprises teams charged with growing our business in key market segments, including the middle-income market, the advanced (high-net-worth) market, select cultural markets, and the women's markets. Agents sell individual life insurance, individual annuities, and long-term care insurance products, as well as mutual funds.
Duties and responsibilities of the Sales Development Manager for the Charlotte GO:
- Ensure the complete and proper implementation of the NYLIC University Curriculum and systems. This includes the preparation for the conducting of Group and Drill, Individual Instruction and Drill, and Field Observation and Demonstration.
- Work with the Managing Partner to ensure the complete and proper implementation of the GOLD System in the General Office. This includes conducting Performance Review and Planning sessions with agents, conducting Agent Development Planning meetings with Partners and Managing Partners, assisting with Monthly Planning Meetings, and Annual Planning Meetings.
- Sales promotion. Assisting in the communication to agents of General Office, Zone and Home Office promotions.
- Assisting agents with case preparation and in the field conducting Field Observation and Demonstration as well as assisting in presenting and closing sales.
- Learning the GOLD System and how to properly implement the GOLD Systems in the General Office. Learning the NYLIC University Systems, company resources, and how to properly implement them in the General Office. Learning the skills necessary to develop agents; classroom facilitation skills, etc. Develop a working knowledge of NYLIC Products.
- Valid State Life and Health Licenses
- FINRA Registrations, Series 6, 63
- FINRA Series 26 registration within 120 days
- Good written and oral communication skills
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: .
Sales Development Manager