Assistant Product Manager
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Aviva
We are recruiting for an Assistant Product Manager to join the Workplace Savings and Retirement Proposition Products Team.
Our mission is to be the Workplace Benefits provider of choice based on strong relationships with corporate clients and their advisers, achieved through a compelling proposition, excellent service and engaging communications, with the aim of ultimately enabling scheme members to enjoy a secure retirement.
As part of the Products team within proposition you will provide technical knowledge of a given range of Workplace Savings and Retirement products understanding how they operate and maintain product specifications that reflect this detail. You will hold a detailed knowledge of the corporate pension product landscape and be clear on how each product works on each system.
These roles can be based in with the Aviva York or Dorking offices.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Supporting the management of the products, literature and product governance (product reviews and rectification of any identified issues) providing detailed product expertise as appropriate.
• Assisting to provide the assurance that all products are as a minimum compliant, any issues are understood and being managed to resolution working across all areas of the Workplace Savings and Retirement cell to complete.
• Feeding in to the new design and enhancement of existing pensions propositions taking into account factors such as pricing, regulation, legislation, service capability, underwriting, IT capability, sales requirements, partnership requirements and competitive environment in order that developments and enhancements optimise Avivas competitive positioning (efficiency, profitability, retention) throughout the product lifecycle.
• Complete regular product reviews in line with the Product Governance principles by working across all corporate teams.
• Complete regular literature reviews in line with product risk ratings to ensuring regulatory compliance.
• Complete regular customer testing to ensure that products are working in line with original expectations.
• Support the delivery of product governance issues and drive these through to resolution
• Assist the maintenance of conduct risk measures across all product lines.
Skills & Experience required
• An understanding Avivas pensions and long-term savings market offering.
• Understanding of customer and shareholder needs.
• Resilience and tenacity.
• The ability to achieve delivery to quality and timeline targets.
• Good and effective communication and teamwork.
• Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders and the ability to work across teams.
• A willingness to study for professional qualifications eg RO1 and RO4.
• Focussed on the detail.
• The successful person will demonstrate a customer focused mentality.
• Organised and able to mix short term targets with longer term aims.
• Able to work independently and to be self driven and demonstrate initiative.
• Strong, effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Good planning and organising skills.
• Demonstrable influencing skills.
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and well support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Avivas core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in the The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By minimum criteria we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website. and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Neda Lahrodi in the Resourcing team
State Street UK